EA joining Steam and releasing there games DRM free.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - December 18, 2008. Just in time for the holidays, Valve announced that, Spore™, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™, Mass Effect®, Need for Speed™ Undercover and EA SPORTS FIFA Manager 2009 are available now to gamers in North America via Steam, a leading platform for PC games and digital content with over 15 million accounts around the world.

In the coming weeks, Mirror's Edge™ , Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3, and Dead Space™ will also be added to the catalog of EA's titles available via Steam.

"EA is one of the industry's largest publishers," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "The EA titles coming to Steam this holiday include some of this year's top PC titles."

"We are pleased to extend our holiday titles to gamers worldwide via Steam -- a revolutionary technology that is one of the game industry's most successful digital distribution services," said John Pleasants, President, Global Publishing & Chief Operating Officer.

Full article here.

EA finally bit the bullet and is joining one of the most successful digital distribution platforms, Steam. Not only that, but they are DRM free.

I personally love Steam. Comments?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Love Steam as well, and it's a great move for EA releasing the games DRM free. We all seem to trust Steam's DRM which works great. Now all EA has to do is remove the DRM from Crysis and Crysis Warhead on Steam and they'll be DRM free on Steam.

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
I dont use steam and never will i buy all my games from game.co.uk, play.com and amazon. Steam is pointless for me.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Crysis Warhead to go DRM free.. once that happens, I'm probably going to have to uninstall Gears of War or the original Crysis to play it heh

Sohail

Reaction score
Looking forward to it, and just so you know watchfree, one word posts can be counted as spam so please be careful in the future.