Earning money by searching with Google, Yahoo, & MSN

Perfect7

Reaction score
Hi fellow x10 forum members,

Recently I came across this great site which I feel is a really good way to earn extra money for doing something that you do everyday, which is using search engines to search for something. Well, to cut the long story short:

Introducing the next gen search engine with Google/Yahoo/MSN results and user comments all on one page. Best of all we get rewarded for using it by collecting points with every search, comment and vote. The points are redeemable for Visa gift cards. It's like earning credit card or airline points just for searching. Hit the link below to join and we will both get points!

http://scour.com/invite/aboutus/

Ahem. So, the name of this site is Scour, and it is an integration of Google, Yahoo, and MSN all in one. You get points for each search you do, and it's convenient as you can install a search widget directly into your web browser if you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Basically, the reward program is like this:

Countries participating in the following rewards program include: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, U.S., and U.K. (These countries get paid by a VISA Gift Card):
  • 6,500 Rewards Points may be redeemed for a $25.00
  • 12,500 Rewards Points may be redeemed for a $50.00
  • 25,000 Rewards Points may be redeemed for a $100.00
Countries not listed above are still eligible to participate in the following rewards schedule (This is by Paypal I think):

• 50,000 Rewards Points may be redeemed for = $5

The website interface is pretty cool, and I found the search results to be quite good, as users are allowed to vote a thumbs up and thumbs down for a site after they find it. This results in the more relevant results coming to the top, and the less relevant results going down. You get 1 point per search, 1 point per vote, and 1 point per comment. The maximum is 300 points daily for personal searches.

Though it may not seem like much, but it eventually adds up very quickly. One of the best things about it is that if you invite your friends, both you and your friends will earn extra bonus points rather than your friends joining on their own (which they don't get the bonus). And you earn 25% of all of your friends points that they earn, which is why it adds up very quickly. If I'm not mistaken, the points you earn from friends can bring you beyond the daily 300 point limit.

If you want to try the program, I would appreciate it if you would sign up through my invitation link below, as you will get extra bonus points (50 pts), and I will get extra points too:

http://scour.com/invite/aboutus/

If you don't want to sign up through my invitation, you can go sign up directly yourself through this non-invitation link:

http://scour.com/

PS. If you're looking for payment proofs, I don't have any as I have just started recently, but after you sign up, you can see the leaderboard where they show the top point earners and how many times they have reach checkout. I have personally visited the blog of one of the point leaders and saw her (or his) payment proof, so I assume that this is true and legit. I have searched around and found no bad rumors about this site also, so it seems quite safe.

Note: If you invite your friends, make sure you tell them that you invited them, as the message sent out by Scour to your friends' emails is sometimes mistaken for spam.

Last edited:

Perfect7

Reaction score
Ok. For those interest in joining, remember to read the guidelines listed in the FAQs, as there are (of course) some obvious things that you cannot do, like:

Searching:

* Searches of invalid characters:
o Example: asdfadfadsfsadfadslkal;kjfdlakjfdalsjfa, $@#%&^%^
* Suspicious non-human search patterns: Searches conducted by an automated script
o Example: X5648, X5647, X5646, X5645, X5644
* Repeated searches
o Example: a, ab, abc, abc1
* Spam Searches: Excessive one word searches that do not exhibit normal user behavior.
o Example: dog, park, vote, starks, green, sand, box, filled
* Erratic Searches: Excessive unrelated searches within very short period of times.
o Example: Dog, Sony Plasma TV, Einstein, newyek, repsev, newyork,...

Commenting:

* Excessive amount of short non-descript comments.
o Example: great, i like it, cool, fun etc...
* Repeated comments
o Example: recommended site, recommended site!, I recommend this site
* Invalid words within comments
* Vulgar comments: Profanity or offensive content.
* Self promotion: Excessive promotional statements about your own site.

Promotional efforts

* Instructing others on how to game the Scour rewards system (Youtube videos, blog posts etc...)

Email Invites:

* Emails sent to users who you have never had any previous interaction with.
* Emails that cause multiple spam complaints from users.

No Self Invited Accounts or Multiple Accounts Under A Single User

Ainokea

Reaction score
I'm just curious isn't this against googles terms.. I'm guess you got a search bar from google ads and you pay people per a search.

Perfect7

Reaction score
Mm... no it's not actually. Because they are not using Google search.

It's their own fully developed search engine that takes advantage of the results from Google, MSN and Yahoo at the same time. And it displays the results from all three search engines at the same time.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember reading somewhere that they were approved by Google too.

omoney

Reaction score
lol interesting I'll consider it.

by the way how many points per search

Last edited:

Perfect7

Reaction score
You get 1 point per search, 1 point per vote, and 1 point per comment. The maximum is 300 points daily for personal searches + votes & comments.

Sohail

Reaction score
Wow, that's an amazing offer! I'll try it out now...

Perfect7

Reaction score
Ok. Tell me how you find it to be. Personally, I mostly use search and vote to earn points, but I don't use the comment much as it takes too much time.

Mitch

Reaction score
I am trying it out too. It looks good. And i will sign up with your invite link.

i found some thing that doesn't look safe. After registering i get this:
Invite your friends and earn 25% of the points they make!
Enter your email address to see who's already a member and invite those who aren't
I am not going to do that, because i don't trust it. What do you think about that? (you need to fill in your password and email address)

Perfect7

Reaction score
Thank you, Mitch :) I appreciate it.

Well, about that, I didn't fill it in either. I don't really think it's unsafe, but better not to take chances. You can invite your friends manually by sending them an email by yourself anyways, so it's not really necessary...

*On a side note, a few people I know didn't know this and they thought that you had to load the scour webpage each time you wanted to search, so I thought I should mention this. You can install a scour widget for searching on your web browser and it sits at the top of your screen, as shown here. Go to the small goodies section link in the top right corner of the screen and you can get it, as shown in this screen shot.

2mdqrtw.jpg

Last edited:

Mitch

Reaction score
Thank you, Mitch :) I appreciate it.

Well, about that, I didn't fill it in either. I don't really think it's unsafe, but better not to take chances. You can invite your friends manually by sending them an email by yourself anyways, so it's not really necessary...

*On a side note, a few people I know didn't know this and they thought that you had to load the scour webpage each time you wanted to search, so I thought I should mention this. You can install a scour widget for searching on your web browser and it sits at the top of your screen, as shown here. Go to the small goodies section link in the top right corner of the screen and you can get it, as shown in this screen shot.

2mdqrtw.jpg
Your welcome, i got your pm on the site. But i don't pm you back, because you disabled that. And thanks for that information.

Perfect7

Reaction score
pop (proof of payment) please

If you're looking for payment proofs, I don't have any as I have just started recently, but after you sign up, you can see the leaderboard where they show the top point earners and how many times they have reached checkout. I have personally visited the blog of one of the point leaders and saw her (or his) payment proof, so I assume that this is true and legit. Here a screenshot of payment proof from one of the point leaders known as ZombieMoney taken from his (or her) blog.

zombiemoneypost1.jpg

Sorry. It's a scary picture ... :eek4: There are other payment proofs too you can see on the scour Blog.

I have searched around and found no bad rumors about this site also, so it seems quite safe.

Edit:
Your welcome, i got your pm on the site. But i don't pm you back, because you disabled that. And thanks for that information.

Oh. Sorry. I didn't know that it was disabled... Just to let you know as a lot of users get banned for that as they didn't read the guidelines.

Ok. For those interest in joining, remember to read the guidelines listed in the FAQs, as there are (of course) some obvious things that you cannot do, like:

Searching:

* Searches of invalid characters:
* Suspicious non-human search patterns: Searches conducted by an automated script
o Example: X5648, X5647, X5646, X5645, X5644
* Repeated searches
o Example: a, ab, abc, abc1
* Spam Searches: Excessive one word searches that do not exhibit normal user behavior.
o Example: dog, park, vote, starks, green, sand, box, filled
* Erratic Searches: Excessive unrelated searches within very short period of times.
o Example: Dog, Sony Plasma TV, Einstein, newyek, repsev, newyork,...

Commenting:

* Excessive amount of short non-descript comments.
o Example: great, i like it, cool, fun etc...
* Repeated comments
o Example: recommended site, recommended site!, I recommend this site
* Invalid words within comments
* Vulgar comments: Profanity or offensive content.
* Self promotion: Excessive promotional statements about your own site.

Promotional efforts

* Instructing others on how to game the Scour rewards system (Youtube videos, blog posts etc...)

Email Invites:

* Emails sent to users who you have never had any previous interaction with.
* Emails that cause multiple spam complaints from users.

No Self Invited Accounts or Multiple Accounts Under A Single User

Just posting this again as some people missed it. :p

Last edited:

TheNightwish

Reaction score
Well not for me.
Our current rewards schedule for Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, U.S., and U.K:
Edit:
Well what I mean is it's not worth for me even to try.
Scour's safe and fun atmosphere is in the care of each member. Any member that notices abuse of the site is encouraged to report it immediately. Reporting abuse helps Scour to remove it more quickly, keeping our online community safer and more enjoyable for everyone.

Our current points program for all countries are as follows:

1 Point = Search, 1 Point = Vote, 1 Point = Comment

Max amount of points per search = 3.. Points will be earned from the first 100 daily searches with a daily cap of 300 total points. Our current rewards schedule for Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, U.S., and U.K:

6,500 Rewards Points may be redeemed for a $25.00
12,500 Rewards Points may be redeemed for a $50.00
25,000 Rewards Points may be redeemed for a $100.00

Countries not listed above are eligible to participate in the following rewards schedule:

50,000 Rewards Points may be redeemed for = $5.00
While using Scour and participating in our rewards program, please keep in mind that others will be sharing their opinions, and the opinions expressed are likely to be differing and diverse. Be respectful of others' opinions. A respectful atmosphere will make the community a better place for sharing views and opinions.

Last edited: