editing files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey

Reaction score
I figured that while I was waiting for my upgrade to x10Corporate, I could edit several of the core files of my joomla scripts. However, I went through and edited several files and then noticed that the changes to my files are not being saved. It says that it's saved, but it's not, because when I go back to that file, none of the changes are there, it's exactly as it was when I uploaded it.

Any suggestions?

Akkarin

Reaction score
I have no idea why that's happening, are you sure you press Save at the bottom?

Lindsey

Reaction score
Akkarin said:

um... yeah, I'm pretty sure I do. I mean, I may be blonde, but I'm not THAT blonde!!! :biggrin:

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
Lindsey said:
Akkarin said:

um... yeah, I'm pretty sure I do. I mean, I may be blonde, but I'm not THAT blonde!!! :biggrin:

he was just suggesting. didnt c anyone else try to help :greddy2:

Last edited:

Lindsey

Reaction score
Stiv_ said:
Lindsey said:
Akkarin said:

he was just suggesting. didnt c anyone else try to help :greddy2:

oh, I wasn't meaning to come off hateful in my reply... that's why I added the grinning smiley, I just meant that I'm usually pretty ditzy, but for once I wasn't making an incredibly noobish mistake... at least not that incredibly noobish mistake :D

Akkarin

Reaction score
Don't worry I didn't think you were being rude or wateva. I'm not sure how I can help you right now, since I can't get into my cpanel to test it out. Will have to wait.

Lindsey

Reaction score
Akkarin said:
Don't worry I didn't think you were being rude or wateva. I'm not sure how I can help you right now, since I can't get into my cpanel to test it out. Will have to wait.

np, i mean, i was just trying to kill time. I ought to go to bed that way when i get up I'll hopefully have my upgrade and I can install everything :D

and sorry that you can't access your control panel, that really bites

Last edited:

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
no1 can enter there cpanel i dont think? i havnt been ale to in over a week. doubt u gettin your upgrade anytime soon until the server is fixed, if u get it doubt ull b able to use it! i read a few where ppl has been acepted for there accounts and havnt even been able to login to upload a main page, gutter!

Lindsey

Reaction score
that's weird stiv, cuz i accessed my cp, uploaded a zip file and extracted it, i just can't edit the files, though I'm sure that I could do that via ftp if necessary. how long has your cp been down?

i mean, corey won't hold it against me if i don't have my site up within the week or whatever if i can't use the scripts because of these problems right?

Last edited:

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
Mines been down for about 9 days r so! Wouldnt like to think the admins wud hold anything against you if the problems based on there side and not ours! Would be unfair if they did! btw i sent u a pm regarding that sig!thanx for yours!

Lindsey

Reaction score
well, I still can't edit my files directly in my file manager.... am I the only one having this problem? everything else is working fine now, all database queries performed, my script is installed with the ads displayed and functioning properly (except they're still targeting the parent page) and I have uploaded a lot of stuff, but some files I can't edit and some files I can. Like I edited a module file and added a hack to one of the core files, but then I went to edit another core file and couldn't. Now I need to change the copyright info in my includes/footer.php and it won't save the changes.

Does anyone have any idea why sometimes it will and sometimes it won't? I guess it's not really a big deal, because I can just edit my template/index.php file directly in my administration backend without ever accessing the cp at all, but I'd rather have the footer.php file updated properly

Richard

Reaction score
Have you checked the file permissions? You need to make sure your files and folders have have write access, you can do this through cpanel ot ftp.

Lindsey

Reaction score
yes, i have all of my files chmoded correctly, i believe all folders are at 755 and all files are 777

suddenly it's saving the changes that I make.

but now I'm having another problem.

I had a code for mambo that wouldn't work in joomla, so I had to re-upload my content.php page, which messed up one of my functions that was working correctly. I went back into the newly updated file, added the code again, exactly as it was before in the exact same place and now it won't work.

I'm so blasted frustrated right now, and it has nothing to do with the server or the host (i don't think)

now i'm getting this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: submitnewitem() in /home/n4dx10ho/public_html/components/com_content/content.php on line 100

and it was working brilliantly before. I hate this... but I'm at the point that it's best to walk away before something gets broken (my computer means to much to me so I would assume it would be something else on my desk :D )

oh well, thanks for your help though! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.