Educating games for children

Veivei

Reaction score
Any suggestion about educating games for children between 6 to 10 years old?

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Well, what sort of games? Console, computer etc.

And what exactly would you want the game to teach, maths, science etc.
All games teach something, but rarely anything acedemic.

Also, are you looking for games like this, or just interested in opinions on the matter?

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You can take some interactive dictionaries which also double up as games.....Good education

Veivei

Reaction score
I'm looking for some small PC games that can teach english spelling, numbers, etc. Math & science games sounds nice too, but I'm having trouble to find that kind of games over the internet :( .

sleepingferret

Reaction score
Find a copy of Oregon Trail somewhere. Overall in the end, if "played" seriously it teaches kids a little about money management, a bit of history, and makes them read (which is always a good thing these days, considering how few kids these days know what a book is). Well they know what a book is, but they'd rather not read them.

And what's better, it is entertaining enough to keep kids so occupied with trying to "win" they end up forgetting that they're learning...but that's in my opinion is the point of a "educational" game.

Last edited:

Veivei

Reaction score
Got what I'm looking for on download.com, it's some flash games, thanks GamingX.
Oregon Trail looks too heavy for kids under 10 years old, but I never really try it to kids so this is going to be the first time, thanks again :)