Education + Thoughts on the stance humans are at.

moose

Reaction score
Please read all of this before replying.. I wrote it for a reason.

So after I came over here to Japan for a short period of time, I have been studying for the entrace exam tests over here to some crazy schools that are at the highest levels over here.

Just an ongoing topic again, but would like to share how I feel and would love to see things from in other people's shoes.

So, with all the education and shoving information down our throats, I think it's getting a little too far.

Humans, evolved faster knowledgically more than any other animal. Having the ability of building/destructing, humans being afraid of nature ran away from it and concludes to now as cities and what not. But since humans are suddenly alone on their hot air baloons got lonely and started trying to drag other animals onto their rides. An example? Chimps, or apes. Scientists have trained them to be able to use, and understand a code, or what we have words, just they use pictures or colors.

That's one part of the mess I'll be typing.. and to the next.

Next things are words. Emotions are really weird things. They change out of nowhere [not trying to be a whiney emo kid] but if you are ever in a bad mood, this may sound a little homosexual but go infront of a mirror and give yourself the best smile you have ever gave to anybody. With a little bit of a homosexual feeling, you will feel a little better, and maybe a bit confused. And so emotions. Babies, really aren't born with "emotions" but still have feelings. They start to actually feel angry/upset or happy once they learn the words. Humans must have something in their minds that is already set to an object to have it exist. Again, an example is, imagine a orange. You can say "it looks like a ball" but at that point you don't know that it is an orange. Once the word "orange" is input into your mind with the image of the orange, you then finally can seperate a ball and an orange in your mind. So same thing with emotions.

I have noticed that since I really never took an 100% effort to education over in America, that once I came over here and started learning aside with other kids over here, I found them more 'complicated' than people in the US. No offence in any way. I actually like America more.

With all this information getting shoved down our throats, will it really really make our lives better? I think we should go back to simpler lives where people aren't judged all by money and knowledge. What's the point?

And look at me.. Since now I've heard about these topics and have learned a little about them, it makes my life more confusing and complicated.

This knowledge is like a desease.

Well, I'd like to hear your views on stuff like this :)

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
:roflwtf:
lol as much as you wish your ideal world existed, it doesnt :pat:

the only way you'll become successful is if you have more knowledge and social skills than someone else so you can receive a better salary!

under your beliefs it sounds like the basics of communism; if everyone wasnt willing to learn because of our new 'high tech age', then there would be no incentive to work

society just doesnt run that way

why shouldnt we be smarter?

and by the way, the education earned from schools in america are by far much lower in quality compared to the educations in asia and europe.. america is probably the dumbest on the list of smart countries

Woolie

Reaction score
sentient1080 said:
... america is probably the dumbest on the list of smart countries

Ha, that's one way of putting it.

Moving on... You have some very philosophical views moose, if only everyone shared them like you we would know a lot more about each other. I agree with some of the things you are saying, but to be honest, how are we going to keep progressing as a species if we don't learn? The concept of knoledge is so that future generations don't have to find out things for themsleves. For example, if you were not told that you shouldn't stick things in electrical sockects, you would probably have to find out for yourself before you knew what the consequences were going to be.

Humm, well that gave me something to think about, thanks moose :biggthump

general stoner

Reaction score
Why couldn't you have asked this question next year... I am going to be taking psychology and sociology next year and would be more qualified.

I beleive the average human in life just doing what it takes to survive without making an impact in someones life is what needs to stop happening. The Human is basically an idea machine, everyone has had at least 100 different ideas for an invention and look how many people actually try to do something with it. Even if you dont have the skills to make something some one does and all you have to do is make something called a patent and go and sell it to a company. or you can go to a buddy and start tinkering in a garage.

As for what you said about trying to teach other animals things like talking, If you havent noticed everyone talks to there pets thinking they understand them. It only makes sense that someone would try to figure out how to make an animal actually understand and maybe even respond.

As far as going back to simpler times, I would like to be back in the day but Im 16 years old and and barely weigh 110 pounds so that wouldnt be very productive for me. If you havent noticed Human evolution is beggining to favor muscles less and brain more, hence the rise of the nerd. I do beleive that one day we'll have a nice atomic war and be forced to go in a post war desert war kind of thing *Like Mad Max*

Whew that was fun to type

My two cents.