Elgg Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatoly_z63

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to install Elgg on my website, and ran into 1000000 problems. The biggest one is, when I try to install it, it's telling me that the file is not found "404" error, when the file is there? Anyone ever ran Elgg script on this hosting?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What the url to your installation? When I visit your site, there working pages there as far as I can see.

anatoly_z63

Reaction score
It's rvportal.elementfx.com
I put it on subdomain to see if it'll work on this hosting.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
That account belongs to another forum account. If you need help with that account, please request that help with the attached forum account there instead.

I see the install page there, so there's not a 404 error that I can see. Could you give some more details about this? Are you changing any of the default settings? What changes did you make to it?

I find it odd that instead of the directory listing, the url directs me to the install.php Could it be an issue with your .htaccess file? Best check that, too.

anatoly_z63

Reaction score
I checked .htaccess 10x times. IF you type anything and click save to finish installation it'll show you "404" error that the file is not there, but if you look on FTP it's there ...

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello!

Your main domain registered with this forum account is roguevalleyads com.

The rvportal elementfx.com domain name isn't registered with this forum account.

And both of them are working.

anatoly_z63

Reaction score
I'm also trying to install it on Roguevalleyads.com through softaliou... but it always tells me "There were a problem" .... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.