Email client can not sync with email server on Secure SSL/TLS Settings configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have having the same problem on xo1, so I doubt moving to another server would help.
motechx2 said...
Then, I registered a new account and created a testing email account, it is on xo5, the new testing email is working fine in my windows 7 computer, and it also working on iphone and ipad.
while having more than one x10hosting's free-hosting account is on the outside of the TOS - it does show this issue is not on all free-hosting servers
x10hosting will not move free-hosting accounts from one server to a other

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I reported this weeks ago and no one staff member responded
in just this thread a staff member has made four (4) replies
staff has made replies in other threads with the same issue as this thread
you implied that x10hosting staff has not replied to the issue of this thread - that is erroneous

Last edited:

miambien

Reaction score
Yes and in mine there is no one response, you can see on your own eyes.
Your response is useful to this problem because....

motechx2

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hey motechx2:
I have having the same problem on xo1, so I doubt moving to another server would help. There are three different threads on this same issue, however x10hosting thinks its fixed as of 3 weeks ago on http://status.x10hosting.com/ (3 weeks ago is about the time I started having this problem. How about you?)

I don't know about if it's working on xo2 or xo4.
but I only notice people complaining about xo1 and xo3 so far, so that might be only these two server having the problem.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Now we are getting somewhere: 2 servers having problem, the rest are not?
TOS violation or not, temporarily creating a test account on a different server, then deleting the account (or does X10hosting have to do that?) would help give more information , as bdistler says in the sig.
Maybe someone that manages pens and office supplies (someday I would like to understand how his name came about...) can test the theory presented above without a TOS violation?
And why is Thunderbird and Opera (and whatever other non-Outlook clients are being used) the only ones having problems?
And why did the problem manifest itself the same week that x10hosting "fixed" something? (see http://status.x10hosting.com/)
And why am I stuck in a "bad password" loop when trying to receive email, but can send email using the same password?
And why can I login to the webmail client with that same password? ( I HATE web based apps... too clumsy).
And why does Thunderbird allow logins to my non-x10hosting email accounts without getting stuck in a "bad password" loop?
And why did this problem start 3 weeks ago?

Hopefully this isnt TMI, but examination of the various threads on this same issue is not generating anything helpful. In fact, of these threads the only one getting any response is the one that is "heating up".
My polite(I thought) thread hasnt been responded to for over 48 hours (which I suppose for free hosting is acceptable).
So, here, in this thread, I politely(?) ask: What do we need to do?

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
It seems that this is a dead thread. Whatever was done, I can now NEITHER send or receive email. I cleared out my inboxes using webmail, forwarding any relevant emails to an external email account (that also uses SSL/TLS, and Thunderbird was able to login just fine, as it has for many years). OOPS! RoundCube said the emails got forwarded, but I have yet to receive them!
It seems the only way to get any answers is to make a big deal and be obnoxious. Being polite has gotten me nothing; in fact the problem is worse!

adm.around.laverton

Reaction score
We've had the same problem for a while. I think since mid October (I just found out) we can't connect to IMAP via SSL. Thunderbird console reports ....

An error occurred during a connection to xo3.x10hosting.com:993.
Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).
(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

We switched the IMAP to NONE for security (port 143) and now it works, but without encryption of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.