afccinc

Reaction score
First of all thank you for such a wonderful service

I cannot email from my .net app

Is it ok to use my own smtp host?

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp>
<network host="smtpout.secureserver.net" password="11111111111111" userName="support@111111111111111.net"/>

</smtp>

</mailSettings>
</system.net>

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You can use anything you want for your mail exchanger, as far as I know.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I see what you're saying now. I've never heard of that being specifically blocked, but I think that it would be to curb mass spam e-mails.

You can change your entire mail exchanger to another site through cpanel, but I'm not sure about what you are doing.

afccinc

Reaction score
I am just sending out a simple contact form.

Does not have to be the godaddy smtp... could be anything as long as i get that email out.

;)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use anything you want for your mail exchanger, as far as I know.

I'm not entirely sure x10 lets scripts connect to external servers other than ones explicitly whitelisted by the mods/admins.

If that's the case that'd be the timeout issue; I'd recommend filing a support ticket if only because if it -is- the firewall, there's no way for anyone but staff to fix it.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure x10 lets scripts connect to external servers other than ones explicitly whitelisted by the mods/admins.

If that's the case that'd be the timeout issue; I'd recommend filing a support ticket if only because if it -is- the firewall, there's no way for anyone but staff to fix it.

Yeah, I think you're right. I misread this at first, thinking he wanted to use another MX.

Status
Not open for further replies.