Email Confirmation for New Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

houseofindexes96

Reaction score
I tried to set up a new account for free hosting. It said it would send me an email in a few minutes when my account had been approved with direction for the next step. That was a week ago and I never received the email. So I tried to set it up again. Same thing I never received the email. So I got to looking around on the site and click on something that told me that my account had been set up that I just needed to verify my email address. I click on the link that told them to resend the email because I never got it in order to put the code in the blank. That was about three hours ago and still haven't received it. So I click on it again to resend the email. I gave up and tried to find a support link and it says my only alternative is to make a post on this forum. Anyone know what I need to do?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you checked your email account's spam or bulk folders?

houseofindexes96

Reaction score
I replied, "Yes" to Calistoy's post but it didn't post. I am not sure if I hit the submit reply link or what I done. If I post this twice, sorry.

houseofindexes96

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any suggestions. Is there and email address for tech support for the free hosting?

Should I try setting it up for the third time under a different email address? Or, are these codes email manually and there is simply a long backup.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It's most likely that your email host is blocking the emails. It's been known to happen, and x10hosting cannot control whoever blocks those emails. Is there a way to put x10hosting.com on the whitelist in your email account? If not, then please try a different email account.

houseofindexes96

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!!

That was what the problem was. I used another email provider and it worked fine. But for some reason the system keeps assigning me the wrong user name. It ask for me to choose one and I do but then it assigns me something else. How can I change my user name. I don't want the new user name it gave me. The system used a various of my email address and the email address I had to use was for family and is kind of a family pet name and not very professional. It did the same thing on this account, assigned a user name based on the email address and wasn't what I wanted to use. It never said that the one I wanted wasn't available. And I need to close this account. Because I could never get the email to finish opening it. How do I do that...just let it close itself once it becomes inactive?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.