Email does not Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jghughes

Reaction score
Hello,
My email account is not receiving emails.
It seems to send okay, just not receive.
My account is on:

jghgenealogy.x10hosting.com

Thank you,
John

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you checked the MX entries to make sure they are correctly set?

jghughes

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. No I haven't. How do I check the MX entries and what am I looking for.
Sorry, still a little new here.
Thanks again.
:eek5:
Edit:
Okay, I found the MX entries (mail exchange) on my cPanel.

The domain appears to be correct:
jghgenealogy.x10hosting.com

The Email Routing is set to:
Automatically Detect Configuration: Local

The MX Records contain 1 record:
Priority : 0 Destination : jghgenealogy.x10hosting.com

Everything would appear to me to be correct, but this is the first time I've seen these. Are these settings as they should be?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes the settings are correct.

Which webmail you are using???

And On which email you are trying to send email???

jghughes

Reaction score
I'm using Squirrel webmail. I tried Horde, but it won't load. I've seen other users not being able to load Horde.

I've sent emails from within Squirrel to myself, and from Outlook using my regular account from my ISP.

Okay, and from your reply on other post, x10hosting is not my server, so it must be Starka? Does that sound right?

Thanks....
Edit:
Well, I have found somewhat of a fix, but I still don't know what is wrong.

I was accessing my webmail from my cPanel, which takes you to the page with the choice of Horde or Squirrel. I had noticed that there was only one icon at the bottom, to configure mail client. I select Squirrel and it automatically logs me into my webmial.

I noticed today that when I log out of the webmail and I get the page with the option to log back in, when I select to log in again it fills in my username without the rest of the email address. i.e. the @jghgenealogy.x10hosting.com is not there, just "username".

I entered the full email address and password to log in again and what do you know, there's all my Inbox email. In the Sent folder are emails I sent sometime back, but not my most recent.

I can log out then log back in with just the username as the email address and my recent Sent messages are there, but the inbox messages are gone again.

It appears there are two different email accounts, although when I access the Email Accounts from the cPanel it only shows one account. The only difference is how I log in.

Any idea how this happened and how do I fix it. Hope this all makes sense.

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.