Email doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdcadmin

Reaction score
I am using the e107 website system with a php user registration system. In order to register users, it needs to be able to send out an confirmation email.

Unfortunately, the email services provided with Cpanel do not work. I have created the address, and have tried to send messages right from the web with both Horde and squirrelmail, but neither of them work. In the case of Horde, it gives me the error upon sending:

"There was an error sending your message: Failed to connect to localhost:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]"

I have used Cpanel on other systems and gotten it working easily, however, I can't figure this one out, and I can't start the building of my site without email capability.

Thanks

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Try to send mail using PHP instead of SMTP, it should work.

Or try using the following info for SMTP:
SMTP server :localhost
Username: Your cpanel username.
Password: Your cpanel password.
It should work(though its not a good idea to give your cpanel password to e107.)

wildheart737

Prime Account
Reaction score
Try to send mail using PHP instead of SMTP, it should work.

Or try using the following info for SMTP:
SMTP server :localhost
Username: Your cpanel username.
Password: Your cpanel password.
It should work(though its not a good idea to give your cpanel password to e107.)

I have the same problems :-(
Can i ask where it is that you enter these things? please...

monkey050

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem on Lotus as well.

I submitted a support ticket on July 3rd and haven't had any help yet. In fact, it was closed a couple days ago for "inactivity."

Apparently both ingoing and outgoing services are working if cPanel isn't lying to me but SMTP connections are being refused and I can't even get my mail client to authenticate to receive mail and I've been told that E-Mails are bouncing back to senders. I can't even use the webmail because these problems are affecting that too.

I never change anything to cause these problems and I've had E-Mail issues at least 3 times now. It'll work for a couple months and bam, one day it'll just start refusing connections left and right. I don't know what to do anymore.

Now the million dollar question for me is this: Are we supposed to update tickets and let support staff know there's still issues and have the ticket drop to the back of the line, or are we supposed to make the ticket and be patient while we wait for it to get to the front of the line and risk it being called "inactive"?

Last edited:

hearttribe

Reaction score
Me too, I can send emails but not recieve them!
I can send from my ip mail server only though.... On webmail I get:
Message not sent. Server replied:
Connection refused
111 Can't open SMTP stream

argghh!

tittat

Reaction score
I am using the e107 website system with a php user registration system
"There was an error sending your message: Failed to connect to localhost:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]"

I have the same problems :-(
Can i ask where it is that you enter these things? please...

These things are meant for xdcadmin since he is using e107 CMS system.

Last edited:

ashenhur

Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same problems as monkey050 and hearttribe. Has the problem been solved for you guys yet?

monkey050

Reaction score
Negative. No response from support still. I can't log into webmail either by all possible methods.

Having no website E-mail is getting extremely inconvenient.

Last edited:

allofus

Reaction score
I have a paid hosting account on skyy.x10hosting.com and a vps on vox.x10hosting.com and both are incredibly reliable.

Maybe you get what you pay for.

kryptofire

Reaction score
Well, that's on paid but what about the free hosting? I don't expect so much from free hosting coz its free. I can't compare the two coz the service is different. With a rating of 124 out of 125 among free web hosts, Im totally happy with it! But in my experience, smtp is "always" down in Lotus unlike in Stoli and Chopin... Just checked again the servers' status and its still down...

:frown:

zapzack

Reaction score
The only thing you can do is wait till this gets noticed and fixed..

xdcadmin

Reaction score
If this is the kind of technical support I get here (I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago, still no replies), then x10hosting will be the last place I'll decide to order hosting from.

Nothing but negative reviews support wise for this site, they couldn't care less for their clients.

zen-r

Reaction score
If this is the kind of technical support I get here (I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago, still no replies), then x10hosting will be the last place I'll decide to order hosting from.

Nothing but negative reviews support wise for this site, they couldn't care less for their clients.

@ xdcadmin - If you opened your eyes, you would see plenty of positive feedback in the forums as well.

And don't forget, people generally only post when they have problems or something to complain about. When things are done well for them, people tend to just go away & get back on with their website building.

I don't know why you haven't had a response from Support. Maybe you've bumped your ticket, which sends it back down to the bottom of the pile. Maybe you've been rude. Or maybe you've just been unlucky. Staff have been very busy & you might have just slipped through the net. I also suspect they haven't a fix for some aspects of email just at the moment while they work on more urgent stuff, so people may need to find alternative methods until staff can get back to sorting it out.

Bragging about how x10 has lost some future order from you impresses no-one. They hear that all the time when someone wants to moan about something. You've been here since Jan 2008, & you've probably still not paid a penny towards the free service. It's not as if you've even contributed anything to the community here. Just 4 posts in 1.5 years means that you're not willing to help others, & just expect others to help you when you want it - all for free.

If the service is so awful, it's strange how you're still here.

Edit : Here's the latest News from Corey, which may provide some hope; :)

http://forums.x10hosting.com/service-alerts/99755-email-free-servers.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.