email forwarder isn't working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpawsadmin

Reaction score
About a week ago, I set up an email forwarder in my cPanel for my email address karla@hotpaws.ca. I want all the mail that gets sent to that address to also be forwarded to a gmail account I have, so as I said, I set up a "forwarder." The problem is that it is just flat out not working for me. None of the mail that I send to karla@hotpaws.ca gets forwarded to the gmail account I have the forwarder set to.

This has been going on for about a week now, and I've tried A LOT, so it's not that "a server is down" or anything like that.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

My account username is hotpaws, and I have an ad-free account.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you try sending an email to your gmail account from your cPanel account with us? Maybe there is an issue in between.

-Corey

hotpawsadmin

Reaction score
K, I just did it... and the email went through fine without a hitch. So I guess that's not the problem....

Edit:

OK, I figured out the problem: the forwarder doesn't forward messages to the forward-to address if the message itself is from THAT email address... I should have guessed as much, although that other address was the only other address I was using at the moment... so it was a bit of a circular problem. :)

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like this is solved, please re-open if you need further assistance.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.