email forwarder still not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelhorn

Reaction score
Hi guys. The email forwarder for ryan@maelhorn.com still isn't working. I did get one email which seemed to work from Ryan Schmidt:

to: ryan@maelhorn.com
date: Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM
subject: Email forwarder test
mailed-by: edge.x10hosting.com

so I thought it must have been fixed. However I have tried to send email to that address as well as asking some friends to try to email me there and nothing else has come through.

It appears my original thread about this has been closed so I created this post.

maelhorn

Reaction score
So now I have tried sending an email to ryanmaelhorn@gmail.com directly from cpanel webmail, and that's not working either, the message isn't received at gmail. I ran a trace and got this:

Delivery Event Details
Event: defer
User: maelhorn
Domain: maelhorn.com
Sender: ryan@maelhorn.com
Sent Time: Feb 22, 2013 11:43:11 AM
Sender Host: localhost.localdomain
Sender IP: 127.0.0.1
Authentication: dovecot_login
Spam Score:
Recipient: ryanmaelhorn@gmail.com
Delivery User:
Delivery
Domain:
Delivered To:
Router: smart_route
Transport: remote_smtp
Out Time: Feb 22, 2013 11:48:11 AM
ID: 1U8vi9-0005Bc-CA
Delivery Host: 198.91.80.251
Delivery IP: 198.91.80.251
Size: 611 bytes
Result:
Connection timed out: SMTP timeout while connected to 198.91.80.251 [198.91.80.251]
after initial connection
Delivery Event Details https://vox.x10hosting.com:2083/cpsess7444905129/frontend/x3/mail/rou...

hope that helps.

I have been able to confirm that ryan@maelhorn.com IS recieving all the messages sent to it, so that part of it seems to be working

maelhorn

Reaction score
Well it looks like the mails sent from cpanel are coming through, but they are taking about 3 1/2 hours to come through. I've gotten 2 emails sent from cpanel to come through now, with this long delay. But no emails have come through from the forwarder.

maelhorn

Reaction score
Make that 4 1/2 hours to come through. Does anybody know why it might be taking so long? And what does "deferred" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.