Email forwarders

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusad77

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've read through other peoples issues surrounding this on the forums yet can't find a solution that fixes my problem.

I've set up an email account in cpanel > james@crusaderexplorers.co.uk
I've then set up a forwarder (on cpanel) to forward anything sent to ^^ to another email account.... but it doesn't work

any suggestions?

the cpanel webmail is receiving all emails but none of them are being forwarded.

Thanks in advance

James

Last edited:

unrealad

Reaction score
Same issue here. I'm on server absolut and email forwarding was working perfectly until a few days ago. Now its not forwarding anything.

theneale

Reaction score
Exactly the same for me too - forwarding seems to have stopped overnight here (UK time).

tandoori

Reaction score
Not only forward issue, I am unable to send any email. I have sent test emails to my various accounts and not receiving any. It was working fine till last week. On few of my attempts, I get following message in my inbox here:
The message identifier is: xxxxx-xxxxxx-Jx
The date of the message is: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:56:48 +0000
The subject of the message is: Re: confirm

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

*******@****.com
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<myemail@email.com>:
host 198.91.80.251 [198.91.80.251]: 421 4.3.2 Service shutting down, closing channel

BTW, I am receiving other emails on my other accounts perfectly.

Hope to get some help.
Thanks.

crusad77

Reaction score
Should I be reporting this another way then? Or will somebody see it here and let us know it's fixed? Kind of new to x10, I'm on the Vox server it seems,

I haven't tried sending an email yet, as I use a normal gmail account for outgoing stuff.

Emails are being delivered to the email account set up in cpanel > just still no forwarding.... :(

theneale

Reaction score
tandoori, yes my test email (outgoing from my webmail) has just bounced a day later, with the same error:
...421 4.3.2 Service shutting down, closing channel

So you're not alone! I've put up a detailed post on the support area of the site, but it looks like the absolut server is having a bad day at the moment and attempts to view any posts there give an error. My web searches for similar errors seem to point to failure of the server's antivirus/spam filter as a likely cause - this may be connected to the server's wobbles, of course.

theneale

Reaction score
Here are more comprehensive details of what I've observed - as far as I can tell I can't solve this one myself and the problem needs escalation:

Since Tuesday morning (Jan 22 - UK time) all redirection of mail for my domain (hosted on absolut) has stopped. I can still see incoming email by logging into my x10hosting webmail. Redirection was working fine for several weeks before it failed.

At the same time if I attempt to send anything out using x10hosting webmail it never reaches its destination and a day later I get the following [the example is the reply to my first test message]:

[Subject] Warning: message 1TxwZL-0005N8-4m delayed 24 hours

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on absolut.x10hosting.com.

The message identifier is: 1TxwZL-0005N8-4m
The date of the message is: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:26:06 +0000
The subject of the message is: test 89

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

xxx@yahoo.co.uk
(ultimately generated from david@xxx.org.uk)
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxx@yahoo.co.uk>:
host 198.91.80.251 [198.91.80.251]: 421 4.3.2 Service shutting down, closing channel

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

Mail sent direct to my Yahoo account gets through, as does mail to my other domain (hosted by a different provider). I have added other redirects, including to a non-Yahoo account, and the result is always the same - my domain on x10hosting never forwards, my other one always does.

It looks like something's going on at the server that I can't fix. [Edit: the searches I've done point to a failure of the server's antivirus/firewall process as a likely cause, don't know if this helps the diagnosis?] Can you help?

TIA,

David.

Last edited:

theneale

Reaction score
And my mail forwarding seems to have started working again this afternoon. Many thanks! David (theneale)

[Edit] I guess the problem must have been at the server so there wasn't anything we could have done to fix it ourselves, but if there are any experts out there who can tell me of a solution I could have tried myself I'd be very pleased to hear from them!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.