Email Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

colaintworld

Reaction score
i recently installed joomla but i tried to create account just for email verification. but email function doesnt sends activation mail. i also entered correct smtp details in joomla. & also tried phpmail & sendmail function but none of this works. pls help.

freezin2

Reaction score
The problem is that even when the e-mail function works, e-mails from x10hosting commonly get blocked by the major e-mail providers. (That's certainly true of AOL, Hotmail, and Gmail.) One of the issues with a free server is that some people will abuse it to send lots of spam. So the e-mail providers block all e-mail from that server, not just the e-mails from the spammers.

I was able to use a plugin on mine that verified that the e-mails were going out. But few people received them.

freezin2

Reaction score
I don't know that there is one on this server. I tried setting up SMTP mail, so that I could send with something like Sendgrid, which verifies the sender, but SMTP mail doesn't seem to work on the x10hosting servers. I suspect you'd need to use a different host, probably a paid one.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, SMTP isn't allowed, since all outgoing mail is required to go through x10Hosting's outgoing spam filter. There are mail services you can use via an HTTP API, though, like MailChimp for newsletters and Mandrill for transactional mail (notifications/confirmations and so forth). Depending on the software you're running, there may be an add-on/plugin to let you use one of these services; integrating with custom scripts is relatively straightforward. Most of the services have a relatively useful free tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.