email msgs to/from gmail

grg

Reaction score
apologies in advance if this has been hashed out; I tried searching and going through a couple of pages of msg headers and didn't see anything about the topic.

I'm unable to send or receive an email to/from gmail.com. I'm not getting an errors (at least in the last few hours since I tried) so I suspect the messages are getting swallowed up along somewhere along the way... likely on the gmail side. I'm further going to guess that this might be happening as gmail may have blacklisted x10hosting due it being a free service plus some people possibly abusing the service for their own troll-like desires.

On the off chance this isn't the case is there something that I can do from my side to let messages go back and forth? I'm able to send test msgs to/from a couple of other places that I have access to so it's wouldn't seem to be an issue on the x10hosting side.

ctyrd

Reaction score
I'm unable to send or receive an email to/from gmail.com.
If you mean cannot send/receive from your x10host email to gmail?? Depending on how long you x10host has been active (DNS Prohibition), and what email address your using, default or one you created, and how your sending (Roundcube or email client) will make a difference. My created email address sends/receive to gmail.

There is a email usage feature in directadim (/user/email/usage). It may help figure whats going on.

If you mean from gmail to x10host. That sounds like DNS prohibition. Look at mx records also. The only way x10 community members can offer more help is knowing you host name (domain name).

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
apologies in advance if this has been hashed out; I tried searching and going through a couple of pages of msg headers and didn't see anything about the topic.

I'm unable to send or receive an email to/from gmail.com. I'm not getting an errors (at least in the last few hours since I tried) so I suspect the messages are getting swallowed up along somewhere along the way... likely on the gmail side. I'm further going to guess that this might be happening as gmail may have blacklisted x10hosting due it being a free service plus some people possibly abusing the service for their own troll-like desires.

On the off chance this isn't the case is there something that I can do from my side to let messages go back and forth? I'm able to send test msgs to/from a couple of other places that I have access to so it's wouldn't seem to be an issue on the x10hosting side.
recently i found out google was to fade out external client support for pop and smtp support.
making it so members need to use googles website to check mail. not a 3rd party client.
this may or may not effect your use of your gmail e-mail

grg

Reaction score
Ah, duh. Yeah, I just made the account today and apparently the magic DNS fairies take longer to propagate out to the world then I thought they would ;) I'll give it a day or so and retry to see if there's still an issue. A couple of smaller places I've got worked but perhaps I just need to exercise a little patience.

I created an email account in the x10 site I made and set that up in Thunderbird and was able to send/receive email to non-gmail addresses... but since the bulk of the people that I trade msgs with are on gmail that's somewhat important.