Email Not Going through

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmforex

Reaction score
Hi,

I am running an ecommerce store using opencart. I have setup sending mails in Opencart via SMTP. (Google SMTP)
SMTP server:

ssl://smtp.gmail.com
username: myemail@gmail.com
password: mypassword.

When I test it. After hitting the send button (on contact us page) a blank page is shown.

This has happened before moving onto new servers.

Kindly let me know why this is happening and what I need to do to resolve it.

thanks
aforex.

Last edited:

jfshoste

Reaction score
Hello atmforex,

I'm no expert with OpenCart, but looking at what you have posted I assume you are trying to use SMTP over SSL to the server?

It could that it is restricted by the PHP configuration for the server, but furthermore the port for SMTP over SSL the port is typicaly 465 (althogh this is not strictly a rule) which you haven't specified, and also maybe prohibited by any firewall rules on outbound connections.

I think you can use remote SMTP servers which are non-SSL fine from the hosting platform.

I would await an administrators' response before doing anything drastic, but for now double check that there is not a separate tickbox for SSL rather than specifying "ssl://" as a prefix. Unless of course, that is stated in documentation for OpenCart - since I cannot seem to find any in the distribution ZIP file.

Regards
Jim,

Status
Not open for further replies.