Email not receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

jibon57

Reaction score
I have sent an email from my site but it still not receive to me. What is the problem ? How many email I will be able to sent in an hour ?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
1. Check your spam folders.
2. Make sure you are not forging any email headers. the From: should be an email account that exists in your cPanel.
3. The email limit is high enough so that you can operate forums, etc. that send out emails upon registration, but low enough to stop spam scripts. We do not give out the exact number in an effort to prevent the aforementioned spam scripts from keeping just under the limit.

jibon57

Reaction score
1. Check your spam folders.
2. Make sure you are not forging any email headers. the From: should be an email account that exists in your cPanel.
3. The email limit is high enough so that you can operate forums, etc. that send out emails upon registration, but low enough to stop spam scripts. We do not give out the exact number in an effort to prevent the aforementioned spam scripts from keeping just under the limit.

i am using joomla. So i think everythings is ok. But still i didn't receive email. I tried several time. Plz help me. Can i use google smtp as outgoing email. If plz write the process.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yes, you can use SMTP. Google should provide connection information that you can use within Joomla.

We do not provide script support on these forums, so you will need to research the answer of how to use SMTP yourself.

jibon57

Reaction score
Oh the problem wasn't solve but now i am using smtp of google. Yes that's working nice. But is there any limit of email ? Can i sent mass mail ?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Just keep your emails to reasonable amounts, for example I wouldn't send out more than 20-30 emails in a 5 minute period just to be safe. If you plan on sending out mass emails for advertising purposes, make sure that you are following our TOS (http://x10hosting.com/terms) and AUP (http://x10hosting.com/aup)

Status
Not open for further replies.