Email not working again

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
They are not working for me. I'm still having the same issues with the same errors. I do have a ticket open (#19429) and have not heard anything since the 7th requesting information that was already provided.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 am E-mail error
» EMAIL/SMTP
/forum/memberlist.php

Ran into problems sending e-mail at Line 1405. Response: 535 Incorrect authentication data
Backtrace

Connecting to tls://smtp.gmail.com:465
LINE: 1018 <- 220-boru.x10hosting.com ESMTP Exim 4.77 #2 Thu, 12 Jul 2012 11:10:21 -0400
LINE: 1018 <- 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
LINE: 1018 <- 220 and/or bulk e-mail.

# EHLO boru.x10hosting.com
LINE: 1290 <- 250-boru.x10hosting.com Hello boru.x10hosting.com [69.175.121.66]
LINE: 1290 <- 250-SIZE 52428800
LINE: 1290 <- 250-PIPELINING
LINE: 1290 <- 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
LINE: 1290 <- 250 HELP

# AUTH PLAIN
LINE: 1398 <- 334

# Omitting sensitive information
LINE: 1405 <- 535 Incorrect authentication data

b.kehlmeier55

Reaction score
I didn't have to do this, but in my ticket this advice seems to make sense.

Try resetting your password on the Gmail side.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Really doesn't make sense.

Works. Doesn't work. Works. Doesn't work.

All without the script or Gmail settings changing. Just the server.

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
Resetting the GMail password does nothing as everything else that uses GMail works flawlessly. I'm assuming it has to do with the spam filtering software installed on these servers causing the issue.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm personally inclined to think somethings up with gmail not accepting connections from x10. Have you contacted google and asked them about this?

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm personally inclined to think somethings up with gmail not accepting connections from x10. Have you contacted google and asked them about this?

Chopin was down according to my site monitor for nearly an hour yesterday and now my site's email functions are no longer again.

If this problem is on Google's side I'm wondering what is going on for Google to do this. My site sends less than 3 emails per month through Google's mail servers currently, which I do believe is far from abuse. In addition I do have Google Apps for Business, which means my mx entries are all google addresses, my site's admin account & "test" account both use gmail for their registered email addresses.

All I know is that without changing anything this works, then doesn't, then goes back to working, and then doesn't. I've been feeling the yo-yo effect of this whole mail issue for sometime now and I don't like it.

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
GMail works flawlessly elsewhere including another site I'm working on except on my x10 site so at this point I can't point blame at GMail right now. Even if GMail is blocking x10hosting I think it's up to the admins @ x10 to resolve. Really at this point I would just like to get working email again without all the headaches. I've tried using x10hosting's mail (both php and SMTP) and it's unreliable which is the reason I stuck with GMail as, when it was working, it worked exactly as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.