Email not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tandoori

Reaction score
Hi,
After getting the site back online, tried everything, and everything seems to be working fine except email. I am not getting any emails and auto responders are not working either. I have couple of forms on my site and submission is directed to the email accounts which worked like a charm before chopin maintenance.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What method are you using to send the e-mails (language and function or methods)? What "From" address are you using? Have you checked for the messages in the spam folders on the target mailboxes?

tandoori

Reaction score
What method are you using to send the e-mails (language and function or methods)? What "From" address are you using? Have you checked for the messages in the spam folders on the target mailboxes?

I am using FormMail.php script. curious thing is that before chopin maintenance everything was working fine and I have not changed anything. And yes, I have checked in spam and its not there either.
Edit:
Sorry, took a while for a reply so posted elsewhere. Take a look here and see if you could help solve my problem :happysad:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/111654-email-script-not-working.html#post639571

yup..you are right. just tried it. if it is gmail, hotmail and yahoo, it doesn´t work but works with other mails. weird.. :confused: :dunno:

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Tectite FormMail? It seems to set the necessary options to send from an arbitrary e-mail address (it sets sendmail_from, which can otherwise cause problems). It uses, the PHP mail function, which is what I'll base my testing on. At this point, I'll say the problem isn't likely FormMail.

So far, no mailer option I've tried (such as "-f $from" and "-r $from") has helped. I also haven't been able to get the message bounced back to the "from" address, which suggests the message is blocked while sending rather than receiving.

Of course, considering sending works for some domains not hosted on X10, the problem probably doesn't lie with any settings we have access to. My best guess at this point is that some relay rule in the mail system designed to prevent spam is preventing sending mail "from" those domains, though not necessarily purposefully. As a workaround, set "from" to your X10 mailbox name and include a "Reply-to" header.

Last edited:

tandoori

Reaction score
Thanks misson. yes, it is Tectite Formmail. will try the workaround suggested. There certainly is a issue with mail. after editing the text for auto responders, it has stopped autoresponding to the addresses that were working. maybe thats coz I am using same address and it will not respond to same address until certain time limit. Will try to edit interval time.
Thanks again.
Edit:
Please can someone have a look at the gmail, hotmail and yahoo issue. I have upgraded to ForMail.php latest version, but still am unable to find a solution.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.