Email [php] still not working - starka

Status
Not open for further replies.

websxten12

Reaction score
Is anyone from support reading these posts??

As a few others have pointed out, email from sites at Starka have not been
working for the past 24 hours or so and it is important that this gets fixed PLEASE.

Your reply by return would be appreciated.
Thank you

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll pass this information down to our system administrators.

websxten12

Reaction score
Despite numerous people requesting the email problem to be fixed there has
been no official explanation from ''support'' . Even if it were an indication as
to when we can expect this basic function to work again would be appreciated.

On top of everything we offer for free we don't leave you hanging. Our unique community support system allows for thousands of our members to help you with your issues, all led by a select team of knowledgeable community advocates.

UNQUOTE

What is going on ??????

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are some things that community-based support can't help with. There are a lot of eyes on your issue, but most of those eyes belong to people who have very limited access to the server (we can review your account particulars, for instance, but we can't change the server's settings/configuration).

Attending to server-wide issues can take some time and planning -- as often as not, the server needs to be brought down or rebooted to make major changes, and that affects everybody on the server (not all of whom depend on mail as much as you do, so their site's downtime may affect them as much or more as your mail issue). Please be patient.

websxten12

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

The biggest problem here is that there are NO updates or acknowledgements. People are just
left to 'hang' and wait for something to happen or be fixed which really is'nt very good.

For instance. If a problem is known, then someone should at least post something here :-

http://status.x10hosting.com/

It's very frustrating not knowing what is going on and just being ignored.

Personally, I spent many hours visiting traffic exchanges, forums, safelists etc etc
and promoting. This has turned out to be a complete and utter waste of time cos
no-one can sign-up because of the email problem which has been ongoing now for
at least two days.

I was thinking about upgrading my hosting but this does not impress or give any
confidence at all.......

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that x10Hosting (he Free Hosting service) and the paid plans at x10Premium are on completely different support systems -- there isn't the necessary dependence on community volunteerism with the paid hosting plans (and, frankly, there aren't the abusive accounts running the system out of disk space and CPU/memory resources either, which makes a huge difference to server stability). There is actual staff/support personnel working on all of the paid plan issues, but there are far too many free hosting accounts for that to be the case here.

Again, we can escalate and notify, but that's not quite the same as having the access to fix things (or to post "all user" status notifications). And we're just users like yourself, so we're also affected by the same issues.

websxten12

Reaction score
I have now been 'Patient' like many others for FOUR days waiting for the email issue
to be addressed. With the amount of people now having the same problem I think this should
be treated as a priority.

When is this going to be fixed??

websxten12

Reaction score
I am far from impressed by the level of support on this issue.

Yes, even though it is FREE hosting, you would think that there would be some sort
of news / update just to let us know what is happening rather than just leaving it 'hanging'

Is there any support personnel out there who can give us details as to what has happened
and when this will be fixed please ??

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.