Email Registration broke when switching hosts. How do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wondertwig41

Reaction score
I volunteered to upgrade the site for a conference that my church is hosting, but I couldn't use the same host it was on before I updated, so I am now hosting the site here on x10 hosting. The conference website is here: http://threadconference.com/ the site is functioning aside from the registration proses. To register, people manually submit an email to register@threadconference.com, and an automatically generated email is sent back in confirmation. My pastor has been getting messages that it isn't working, and I don't know how to fix it.

Current Set up:
Domain purchased through godaddy.com: threadconference.com
Hosting here at x10 hosting: Main Domain thread.x10.mx
Parked domain: threadconference.com, set up not to redirect, domain root: /public_html
godaddy nameservers: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM, and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM
MX records: 0 smtp.secureserver.net, and 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net

Am I missing something? Is there anything else I need to update? Can someone send an email to register@threadconference.com, and see if it works for them? (you don't need to register, just mention that you are testing the system or something to that affect)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Where is the email being hosted? Did you create a mailing account through the cPanel to be hosted on x10hosting servers? If not, then where ever you are having the email account hosted is the place that you should be asking questions about why it's not working.

wondertwig41

Reaction score
I thought it would of shifted over when I updated the MX records through cPanel. cPanel -> Mail -> MX Entry.
godaddy.com confirmed the MX records as well.

How would I check if the email is hosted here, or how do I transfer the email to x10 hosting?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please ignore my first reply here, I didn't mean to confuse you.

Could you give some more info about what isn't working? Are emails being lost or bounced back? Is the email account able to be accessed online at all? Just saying that it's broken and not working is too general. We need more details as to how it's not working.

wondertwig41

Reaction score
My Pastor is the one who is getting the specific emails, so I really don't know for sure what peoples complaints are. When I try the system (i.e. send an email to register@threadconference.com) I get the proper auto response email. I think others may not be getting the auto response email.
The best I can figure is the email is going through godaddy. I check it through their page. All of the emails I sent it have gotten to the email folder. I need another person to send register@threadconference.com an email, so I can learn what went wrong for them.

---------- Post added 09-05-2011 at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-04-2011 at 11:41 PM ----------

I really don't know what is wrong with the system, I just had two friends test and it's working for them. They both said the email sent without any errors, and they both got the auto response, and I found their emails in the godaddy Webmail, where they are supposed to be.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Well it looks like that you've proven to yourself that it's working just fine. I'm glad that nothing is wrong with it. If you ever do find something wrong in the future, feel free to ask us about it, and please provide the specific error messages and other relevant details so that we can help troubleshoot the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.