Email Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulakacyrus61

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to send mail through custom squirrelmail in my application frontend.

Here's what I did till now:
1- Installed Squirrelmail in a directory.
2- configured squirrelmail (it shows messages now)

I cannot figure out the smtp settings of the same and it usually bumps out error.

Can anyone help me with this?

I know that the SMTP settings are provided in the admin panel...
Alppying that, i still get an error--- Notice: fputs() [function.fputs]: send of 12 bytes failed with errno=10054 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. in C:\wamp\www\Joomla_1.5.22\squirrelmail\class\deliver\Deliver_SMTP.class.php on line 156

---------- Post added 03-15-2011 at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-14-2011 at 08:33 PM ----------

Any help on this guys??

That unique php error is a headache!!

If I could get a copy of the config file of the squirrelmail(which runs the cpanel email), I will be able to solve this.
My current installation runs slow too.(Same is with Joomla)

Can I suggest to include SquirrelMail, or any awesome Email Client to be included in Softaculous/ Fantastico. It would be great help to run email in the front end of the application, since 2 email accounts don't necessarily need cpanel admin login.

Thanks for your help in Advance.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

To be more specific on this problem :

I need these parameters--

$use_smtp_tls = ?;
$smtp_auth_mech = ?;
$smtp_sitewide_user = ?;
$smtp_sitewide_pass = ?;

I have tried various combinations here..please help me configure this!!

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Guys 50+ views and still no answer???

Please help me out...

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
The main reason you are not getting an answer is most people here are not familiar with smtp and squirrelmail.

I do not think you can use tls, otherwise the 3 other settings you listed are specific to squirrelmail and I cannot offer any help there.

Additionally you may use https://cyrus.x10.mx:2096 for mail logins, which do not require a cpanel login to access.

Last edited:

rahulakacyrus61

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!

I solved this problem..How if you ask, then the solution I dont really understand.

I was accessing the email system(for testing purposes) on the local system and had the installation of squirrelmail & roundcube here. Then it was not working.

Now, when I uploaded the same content online, it magically worked :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.