Emails never getting delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.kehlmeier55

Reaction score
I am using PHPMailer and everything looks good, but the emails never get routed out. Has policy changed in the last year?

I get an OK message back with an ID, but then nothing. I wonder if the email server is nixing my emails after accepting them.

Last edited:

b.kehlmeier55

Reaction score
Is there any way to get help with this? Here is the reply I get, via PHPmailer:

Code:
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:220-xo1.x10hosting.com ESMTP Exim 4.85 #2 Tue, 28 Jul 2015 08:34:01 -0400 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 220 and/or bulk e-mail.
SMTP -> FROM SERVER: 250-xo1.x10hosting.com Hello xo1.x10hosting.com [198.91.81.2] 250-SIZE 52428800 250-8BITMIME 250-PIPELINING 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250 HELP
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:250 OK
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:250 Accepted
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:250 OK id=1ZK453-002FiT-Cm

This same code worked fine just a few days ago and then it just stopped. Over the last two years, it seems email functionality is up and down, sometimes emails being removed from the server queue or delivered days later. I would love to get some feedback on this.

b.kehlmeier55

Reaction score
I just don't understand how the email server can accept the message and then fail to send it off.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I just don't understand how the email server can accept the message and then fail to send it off.
PHP function [ mail() ] returns TRUE if the mail was successfully accepted for delivery by x10hosting's Email server - FALSE otherwise
just because the mail was accepted for delivery it does NOT mean the mail will actually reach the intended destination

outgoing Email is not sent from your account's IP (server) - x10hosting routes all outgoing Email to a Email server that scans the outgoing Emails to ensure no Spam gets out
the Email server will silently discard - HTML only Emails - or Emails with spoofed FROM headers - or Emails it 'thinks' are Spam - or sometimes the transfer to the Email server fails - you will not receive any notice when it fails

b.kehlmeier55

Reaction score
I'm not spoofing anything. I have both HTML and plain text bodies. In the email account setup, I can't specify the name of the sender so I am not sure how specifying a different name could affect anything. It would be great if I could be find out why the emails were failing or getting kicked out as spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.