Enigma Computer Forum v3: My Project

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
Well, me gotz a few Qs :rolleyes:
I signed up for x10's service when another free server went offline for 24 hours due to low memory. Reading up on reviews I wish I had seen before I signed up, I found that my previous server had a history full of instability and downtime, and I decided that me and my members of my forum couldn't live with that. So a friend recommended x10 to me, and here I am obviously :rolleyes:.
What I'm doing with my account is constructing the third redo of my forum, due to database export problems on ECF2 and restrictions on ECF1.
Now, I'm fine setting up a forum and such, I just need some questions answered about a setting and a domain name.
First, the setting:
In MyBB, enabling GZip compression will speed up page loads, however I have read that it adds to the server load, and I don't want to get my account suspended for such.
What I need to know is what the ideal settings are for GZip in MyBB, because I can adjust the level of compression if need be. The levels are 1-9.
Anyone had experience on which one is safe? I'm expecting 500-1000 members on my forum someday. Currently I have 12 or 14, most of which are on ECF2. I am expecting more in the coming year.
Ok, now the domain name:
I have seen the link on the main page for the co.cc domains, however I want to clarify how I should configure it. I can configure it in two ways: To redirect to the x10.mx site, or redirect and hide the real url. I read something in the rules that mentioned proxies, in my mind it means redirecting domain names aren't allowed. If there is any nameserver information I can also configure the co.cc domain that way, but I have yet to see any.
Hope my confusion can be cleared up a bit
sweatdrop.gif

nandifamily

Reaction score
gzip compression is not required if ur visitors have fast internet connection. my wordpress site loads really fast even with compression turned off.

co.cc has full nameserver support. but i wont recommend it. once i used their domain for a few months and after that they began asking for payments to continue using their service.
but u can try cz.cc, uni.cc or .tk domains. they also have full nameserver support.
hope i helped u.

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the domains, I will look into them.
However, to use nameservers, I need nameservers. I have yet to see any information on x10 nameservers. I'm not willing to experiment with my guesses including ns1.x10hosting.com, so I really need this information. I currently have my co.cc domain set to redirect.
I think I may have to turn GZip off, I got suspended :D. It may also be because I uploaded about 12 MB worth of forum software installation directories to it the night before, but I dunno. It was a lot of files.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

GZip uses a lot of resources on both sides, I would not recommend it.

~Callum

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

GZip uses a lot of resources on both sides, I would not recommend it.

~Callum

Thanks so much!
Also, will I have to go into my x10 account and configure the domain to co.cc? Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm still learning :D

I think I'm putting GZip on light settings, because I've got this one member who is on a 23 Kbps connection xD

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, you'll want to add it as a parked domain for what you want it to do.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Yes in cPanel.
Alternatively, u can set it as a main domain in the account management panel.

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'll check it out!

EDIT: Oh cool we have Quick Reply now! :D Really hated the image verification. Or is this related to post count?

Last edited:

nandifamily

Reaction score
For the first few posts there are human verification checks.
After that you get to use all the features.

lucasbytegenius79

Reaction score
Gotcha :D. Hmm, my members have been reporting a lot of SQL errors lately, and I've been getting timeout errors as well. What's happening?