Entire Deletion of Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

schabe

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to log into my site of Thursday last week and found that the entire thing had been deleted. I am unsure whether this is any sort of hack or problems on x10s side. Is there any sort of recovery service? I am happy to upgrade my account in order to get things back up and running. Thanks,

Matt

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I went to log into my site of Thursday last week and found that the entire thing had been deleted. I am unsure whether this is any sort of hack or problems on x10s side. Is there any sort of recovery service? I am happy to upgrade my account in order to get things back up and running. Thanks,

Matt

Hello Matt,

Your site is not deleted. Your server is chopin and probably your account is one of those that transferred incorrectly. see http://status.x10hosting.com/post/378985872/transfers-update-part-2 for more info.

schabe

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. My heart stopped at the thought of losing nearly 6 months work. Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers Matt.

schabe

Reaction score
Hi,

So further to this problem that has occurred. My site seems to have been copied over, but when trying to access any files based in the public_html section I receive a page load error. Check it out for yourself @ http://visweb.exofire.net. I would understand any sort of possible wordpress errors etc but surely this is server side? If not please help me and post any responses that could aid this problem.

Cheers,

Matt

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. My heart stopped at the thought of losing nearly 6 months work. Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers Matt.

A basic rule of computing:

Keep separate backups of all your work.

You never know what will happen.

schabe

Reaction score
A basic rule of computing:

Keep separate backups of all your work.

You never know what will happen.

I did, unfortunately I've had some problems of my own this side, faulty power unit fried two hard drives leaving my only copy of the site on x10. As it turned out this happened the same week chopin went down. Now I'm completely bamboozled as to why I can't seem to establish a connection with public_html files that my FTP client is telling me are there.

eyemdee

Reaction score
I did, unfortunately I've had some problems of my own this side, faulty power unit fried two hard drives leaving my only copy of the site on x10. As it turned out this happened the same week chopin went down. Now I'm completely bamboozled as to why I can't seem to establish a connection with public_html files that my FTP client is telling me are there.

If your site is the same as mine you can use your FTP client to download all your files from Chopin even though the site itself may be returning page load errors when you try to view it. I think this is all to do with the server migration which must have been a pretty massive task that perhaps did not go exactly to plan. My Account Panel page still shows 0M disk space allocated and 0M used even though all my site files are there, so there is still a missing link somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.