Er, subdomain switch didn't work completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poringy

Reaction score
Well, here's how I did it.

1) Went to Forums > Account > Modify Account
2) Changed Domain Name
3) Check Information
4) Confirm Changes

Then I get a message that it was successful. I check my cpanel for the new one, and it works. But the http doesn't work at all. Maybe it's the server switch?

(My account just started working two hours ago, including before and after the switch and this post.)

Login Name: poringy
Password: not telling!

Previous subdomain: www.wiredthings.x10hosting.com
New subdomain: www.andy.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It probably wasn't the best of ideas to try to switch subdomains when a) Cpanel doesn't appear to work, b) the ad's don't appear to work, and c) there's no news about the server transfer being completed.

Edit: Clipped all my speculation. Your old subdomain is still in working order. Wait until the transfer is done before trying to change it over though :S

Last edited:

poringy

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I should just wait then. Thanks for answering. :)

poringy

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but now both of my subdomains are unaccessible.

Can someone check to see which one of my subdomains is activated for my forum account? I was switching it to andy.x10hosting.com from wiredthings.x10hosting.com.

Gah, I shouldn't have switched it this early...

TarinC

Reaction score
www.wiredthings.x10hosting.com is still working. like already stated, wait for the transfer to be completed before making changes.

if you still are having trouble after the transfer is complete then post again.

Last edited:

poringy

Reaction score
Oh, they really are still working... I forgot to check all of my browsers. Sorry for that useless post. The missing PHP was stopping my main browser because I put a require() instead a include...

Edit: Now I remember. I was posting because of the ftp server being down. This is all so confusing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.