Error 404

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruloir

Reaction score
Hi guys

My website directory /public_html just disapeared this morning ? I didn't delete it so any idea where it is ?
I worked hard on my files yesterday and didn't backup the whole thing so I kind of rely on you to tell me what happened...

Thanks

My domain : http://lebruloir.x10.mx/

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I receive a 'time-out' error when trying to see your site - which I see is on server [ Level ]

At about 14:20 2013-04-30 UTC
I can NOT get into cPanel or open any page in my account on server [ Level ] with my Comcast ISP - but can with my cellphone ISP - looks like Comcast has now blocked server [ Level ] as they did with server [ Vox ]

bruloir

Reaction score
Do you think it's a problem from my side or just the server? FTP is working fine just that the public_html folder has disappeared. From my side I see an error 404 nothing else.
Do I wait oy I just use my old backup (which is a pain because it's old)
keep me posted

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
First a update - I can now 'see' my site and get into cPanel on server [ Level ]

Do you think it's a problem from my side or just the server? FTP is working fine just that the public_html folder has disappeared. From my side I see an error 404 nothing else.
Do I wait oy I just use my old backup (which is a pain because it's old)
keep me posted

The big issue is your folder [ public_html ] - that folder has 'hooks' to the system (server) - that the server use's to show your 'site' - if it is gone you have no place to put your 'site' files
and those hooks are why you as a user can not make a new one (folder) - it is made and the hooks set - when your account is set up by the system

bruloir

Reaction score
Is there anybackup from yesterday or 2 days ago in your files ? How come all my folder just disapeared .... !!!

bruloir

Reaction score
Oh god i've been wigth you for some years now...a LOT of deception from me.... Your support is just totally the worse.... my file disapear and I have no answer from you guys as if it was totally normal.....

hbazer

Reaction score
Is there anybackup from yesterday or 2 days ago in your files ? How come all my folder just disapeared
For free-hosting accounts there are NO backup files made by x10hosting

Oh god i've been wigth you for some years now...a LOT of deception from me.... Your support is just totally the worse.... my file disapear and I have no answer from you guys as if it was totally normal
The free-hosting support - in this forum - is 100% volunteers (myself included) - and we devote quite a bit of our free time to x10hosting. However, all of us have lives outside of x10hosting be that day jobs or school - at times there are delays - and some issues need a Admin (when they have time) to solved

If your files are gone - there is no way to get them back - without YOUR backups

If you did not delete the folder in error - then someone else "compromised" your account and deleted it
unfortunately "compromised" accounts while not "normal" do happen

Status
Not open for further replies.