Error 503 using phpBB 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

neun0eil

Reaction score
Hi there,

When I try to access the admin panel from my phpBB 3 board, an error 503 appears everytime. I can't configure my website anymore. Can you help me ?

wildmeme

Reaction score
Same issue here, it's very odd.

Everything works, but when I try to go to ACP, 503 error appears.

bowrdx10

Reaction score
Having same issue here, just did a fresh install using the Softaculous app installer and can access the forum and post but cant access the administrator control panel to create new forums and tweak settings, just get a error 503.

Any help will be appreciated.

skyjudyx

Reaction score
Same issue here, I also just installed Open cart using the Softaculous app installer.
I can access the my site, but cant access the administrator control panel and getting an error 503.
Anyone can help on this? Thanks.

[h=1]503 Service Unavailable[/h] The server is temporarily busy, try again later!
Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site![/SIZE][/FONT]

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
The 503 error is usually caused by a permission misconfiguration. Make sure those files are set to 755 where you might have them set to 777. You can also use the error log to help diagnose the issue as it will give you more details.

gemineer

Reaction score
Re: Error 503 (using phpBB 3P)

I get the error 503 randomly whenever I'm using WordPress - if I try to change what I'm doing, so going from posting new pages to updating widgets becomes extremely difficult, as I have to keep trying until I don't get the 503 message! Intensely frustrating!

Just checked again. Now it's ONLY blocking access to Widgets, which is extremelyt annoying as that's the one page I really HAVE to get to right now!

error.jpg

Last edited:

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
Re: Error 503 (using phpBB 3P)

I get the error 503 randomly whenever I'm using WordPress - if I try to change what I'm doing, so going from posting new pages to updating widgets becomes extremely difficult, as I have to keep trying until I don't get the 503 message! Intensely frustrating!

Just checked again. Now it's ONLY blocking access to Widgets, which is extremelyt annoying as that's the one page I really HAVE to get to right now!

Which browser do you use? I found some Google results with similar problems and it tends to be mostly on Firefox. A possible fix is:

You can ignore (CSS) errors in the Tools > Error Console.

gemineer

Reaction score
lnxx10bz - Sounds about right :( I'm using Firefox - which seems to get worse with every update! Guess I'll try Chrome, though I get WP problems with that too... Resisting IE ;) BTW, not sure what the "possible fix" is... :S Thanks for the reply! :)

lnxx10bz

Reaction score
lnxx10bz - Sounds about right :( I'm using Firefox - which seems to get worse with every update! Guess I'll try Chrome, though I get WP problems with that too... Resisting IE ;) BTW, not sure what the "possible fix" is... :S Thanks for the reply! :)

Oh I meant the possible fix would be to disable CSS errors. It seems to be a legacy setting in Firefox causing problems for some users with certain CSS settings.

gemineer

Reaction score
Ah, now if only I knew how to disable CSS errors... lol! Just tried Chrome and it's even worse - no admin access at all! :(

gemineer

Reaction score
Well, another day unable to make some important changes or to add to my store! :( I've tried Firefox, Chrome and (yes) even IE to no avail! The 503 error persists iin some areas and not others! I can draft a post but NOT add media to it using the media uploader, I can, in fact, do everything but the things I really need to!

Help is now urgently required.... please...

bowrdx10

Reaction score
My forum is basically useless while this is happening. Have one forum called "your first forum", cant change the name or add more forums because i cant access admin cp. All posts have to be moderated before posted which i dont want and cant change that either, think i might just find a new host.

Status
Not open for further replies.