ERROR: Could not create file "home" in /home/jssllee: Directory /home/jssllee does no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: ERROR: Could not create file "home" in /home/jssllee: Directory /home/jssllee doe

What are you trying to do that triggers that message?

jssllee75

Reaction score
Re: ERROR: Could not create file "home" in /home/jssllee: Directory /home/jssllee doe

i was trying to upload a file into the home/public directory from file manager. same error if i attempt to create a new file.

how can i upload files?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score

You need to upload your files into the public_html directory. That's where you put your site so that it's seen online.

jssllee75

Reaction score

The error occurs when trying to upload to public_html. It says that there is no public_html directory?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score

I noticed that your account is on boru. When did you notice that your site wasn't online and didn't have a home directory?

jssllee75

Reaction score

i've been having troubles for a few weeks, but my request tickets kept being closed prematurely.

jssllee75

Reaction score

I'm not sure what it means. I've looked at phpMyAdmin but can't find any databases. Is there some way to restore the cPanel files?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score

The thread I linked to is an explanation that the affected accounts are completely broken. There is no way to restore the files other than deleting your current account so that you can make a new account to put your site on. There are also no backups of the lost files.

jssllee75

Reaction score

Okay. How can I delete the account? I can't seem to find an option.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score

You're at the right place to request deletion here at the forums. Please fill out this form completely and reply with it here:

cPanel username:

( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

I understand that from your side there are unfortunately no backups to take, but this form is a formal verification of the agreement to delete your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.