Error Establishing a database connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpaegdc

Reaction score
Hi,

I am receiving on my site over at tpaeg.uni.cc. This issue would normally go away after awhile but this time round it have been rather persistent. Is it possible to guide me a way out?'

Regards,

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Sometimes the mysql goes down and that is why you have the problem.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Check whether the dbserver name is localhost
Also
1. Log in to your cPanel
2. Under Databases category, click MySQL Databases
As you can see on the MySQL page, all databases are intact. The databases are there and also the users. But eventhough they are there, your site wasn't able to connect on the database. Follow the next step.
3. Locate the category which will allow you to add a user to the database. Add User To Database
4. Select the appropriate user and database you have used for your website and click the Add button. Note: Be sure to choose the correct one or it will not worked.
5. You will be redirected to the Manage User Privileges page, select ALL PRIVILEGES then click the Make Changes button.
6. If all are successful, your site will be working.

daman371

Reaction score
I am having this problem to at devproject.x10hosting.com. I tried the localhost trick and that didn't work. I deleted and readded the database users and that worked but it came back some time after.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Like I said, mysql goes up and down..

daman371

Reaction score
Interesting. I just deleted my MySQL users and then readded them again and my site works again. Is this a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.