Error from park wrapper: domain.com is already configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I'm trying to add a new add-on domain in the cpanel, but I keep getting this error message:

Code:
Error from park wrapper: forumsrule.com is already configured.

Any help? Thanks!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
That domain is showing up as a parked domain. If you'd rather it be an addon domain instead, first remove it from parked domains in your cPanel.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Oh, okay. Well, I am having a lot of trouble atm actually. My previous host shut down and sent me a backup for my forum. So now, I'm watching to move my website over here to x10. I honestly do not know what to do with the database and the files. If I send you the backup and my account info, do you think you could help me get my website back up?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Upload your files through your cPanel. There is a database import function for phpmyadmin, MySQL to make the database user, and the file manager to upload the rest of your files in public_html folder.

Last edited:

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Alright. Well, do I need to have forumsrule.com set as a parked domain or an add-on domain?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you just want forumsrule.com to direct to your main site/main domain, then keep it in parked domains. If you wanted it to be a separate site from your main site/main domain, then remove it from parked domains, place it in addon domains, and then upload your files in the subdomain folder made for your addon domain.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I created an add-on domain and an FTP account, but I can't seem to log into the FTP account. I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct login info as well.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You should be able to use your default account for ftp, which is your cPanel username and password.

Edit: Also, you need to change your domain's nameservers to:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited:

epsonrok85

Reaction score
On the 'Simple DNS Zone Editor' of the cPanel, it asks for an 'A record' and a 'CNAME record'. I have no idea what those are.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It might be better to just go to your domain account at your domain's registrar and add those nameservers I listed above as your primary and secondary nameservers.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Yeah, but my domain is hosted with my previous web host, and since they decided to shut down, I won't be able to change the DNS.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
But I'm not talking about your previous webhost. I'm talking about the registrar that you registered that domain at, where you bought it. If they are the same thing, then you should be able to transfer registrars, and change your nameservers on your domain account.

Last edited:

epsonrok85

Reaction score
The owner of that web host purchased the domain for me. I just did a Whois lookup, and it showed that the domain is registered by namecheap.com. I have no account info for that website.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless you can get the information and nameserver change from the owner of your previous web host, then you have no control over the forumsrule.com domain. There's nothing that we can about that on our end here. I just tried to view the url, and it couldn't find any servers. Sorry that we can't help you any further about this.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Oh well, it doesn't matter. It only lasts until August, and I can just buy a new domain. I just need help with adding another domain that I currently own and connecting it to an FTP. I have no idea how to do any of that haha.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Simply do what you did with your .net domain. And then connect to boru.x10hosting.com with your cPanel username and password to connect to your site through ftp.

Status
Not open for further replies.