error occured when installing phpBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasawayz

Reaction score
Code:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'pasawayz_usr@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/pasawayz/public_html/planet/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pasawayz/public_html/planet/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pasawayz/public_html/planet/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error 

Could not connect to the database

it doesn't look good.

n4tec

Reaction score
Did you create user and database and also add user to database?

DragoZERO

Reaction score
be sure the database is enabled and you entered the right information.

pasawayz

Reaction score
okay. here's what I did:

1. I added a new mySQL database.
2. I put in what phpBB requires me:
- db type: mysql 4.x
- DSN: localhost
- db name: dbn_123
- db username: dbn_456
- db password: ***
- table prefix: phpbb_
- Domain Name: www.pasawayz.da.ru
- Server Port: 80
the others are not needed to be mentioned. db name/usr/pwd are fictitous. ;)
3. the error showed up

o0slowpaul0o

Reaction score
Could just installed it through CPanel, which would just save you the hussle of doing it...

Did you give the username all access to the database name?

TranceOperator

Reaction score
When you add a new table/username cpanel usually tacks on your account name to it without really telling you

so if you created phpbb as a table, it's probably

youraccountname_phpbb

and the same for the user

youraccountname_phpbbuser1

Also did you add the user you created to the new table you created? I used to forget to do that all the time :getlost:

But if you still can't get it working, do what slowpaul said. Just delete your whole forum directory and login to cpanel, go to fantastico at the bottom, and click phpbb. It will set it all up for you.

n4tec

Reaction score
TranceOperator, that is a nice idea but the one in the fantastico via Cpanel is outdated... And we do not want to have someone hack the server so go to the official website of PHPBB.. get the lastest version.. upload it , create the database, user for database and user password and also add user to forum database and install it and you have your forum...

you can also try these
Go to Cpanel..
Now go to Bulletin Board..
I think the one there should be 2.1.15 which is close to 2.0.16 by a few changes..

TranceOperator said:
When you add a new table/username cpanel usually tacks on your account name to it without really telling you

youraccountname_phpbb

Also did you add the user you created to the new table you created? I used to forget to do that all the time :getlost:

But if you still can't get it working, do what slowpaul said. Just delete your whole forum directory and login to cpanel, go to fantastico at the bottom, and click phpbb. It will set it all up for you.

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Yes the one is outdated but on the PHPBB website they let you download only the files needed to be upgraded to the most secure version, so you still don't have to install PHPBB yourself, only overwrite a couple of files. it's only like .2 behind lmao.

pasawayz

Reaction score
o0slowpaul0o said:
Could just installed it through CPanel, which would just save you the hussle of doing it...

Did you give the username all access to the database name?

the problem with cPanel is that it only creates in a new root folder. I'm installing a forum in a subfolder, somewhat two or three folders deep.

TranceOperator said:

youraccountname_phpbb

Also did you add the user you created to the new table you created? I used to forget to do that all the time

no. i'm not forgetting anything.

---

I'm having a thought that i should reset my account so that it might solve the problem.

n4tec

Reaction score
pasawayz said:
what now?

I would recommend you install the lastest version of PHPBB via the Fantastico.. Bcoz it was update some time back..

pasawayz

Reaction score
i'm trying to logon to cPanel today, and it's keeping me out (i'm logging in and it keeps showing the login screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.