Error with smf

ghosty

Reaction score
Hi guys

I really hope this is the right section. (from what i gather it is)

I have just installed an smf forum (v1.1.4) and the installation went precisely as expected. However, after everything was done and i tried to go with my browser (Firefox) to the forum, (after the installation is done it gives you a link that says "you can now view your forum") i get this error message:
Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in /home/ghosty/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 1726

Huh? Lol. I'm not too good at all this. What does that mean and how can i fix that? Anybody installed smf before? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

cPanel username: ghosty
http://slippinsweet.x10hosting.com
Ad enhanced

Last edited:

wwe9112

Reaction score
if you installed a skin thats whats wrong IF IM NOT MISTAKING.
Edit:
also u hve to request and upgrade in php. in your account for x10 i foget the link to do that.

Last edited:

ghosty

Reaction score
if you installed a skin thats whats wrong IF IM NOT MISTAKING.

hi bud,

thanks for the advise, but nope, no skin installed.

however, from what i read about the php, i have the very basic version that does not allow any eval() function, so i have applied for a higher (more relaxed - features enabled) version. I'm hoping that would settle it :happysad:

wwe9112

Reaction score
it will i had the same problem, but i also had a problem with a skin that wasn't for my version and i had an error close to that thats why i said that.

any rate it will work one its upgraded, and youll be set.