Ever wanted to edit games ?

sqtrax

Reaction score
An old school friend of mine Perfectionist has a website that has been running for a good few years now all dedicated to editing games. I used to work with him editing some games, like Microsoft Rallisport and many others, like Battlefield 1942.....

Just thought I would post this if you have any interest in the developement side of gaming. With enough knowledge and no money, you can make your own game, although its a long road, much fun has been had so far.

To find the site on google I use the query RACING EDITING GAMING and find the 3rd + 4th link are his most current... should you be interested click here to view the google search or click here for the direct link
I give you the google result as it shows a wider connection to Perfectionists game editing spree.

If you are interested, trust me, you will have some real fun, learn some serious stuff and possibly bang your head off the wall a few times when you get stuck lol.... mostly, it was great fun.

/// hope this is the right place to post this, and hope you find it useful aswell as fun.

Jesse

Reaction score
Im Interested... hehe. who owns the site? you or your friend?

sqtrax

Reaction score
My friend created it, I have been doing other things for a few years... its hosted by Gamespy but owned by my friend. I used to do graphics and some 3d modelling objects terrain and stuff. When I saw you have gaming section here, I thought of it and thought it might be interesting for some of you :)

Franc0

Reaction score
cool i always wonderd how to do it but for SNES roms or GBA

sunils

Reaction score
This is wat me and my friend was looking for years to try editing a game and build our own games.

Cool.................

Xemnas

Reaction score
I should note, if you're going to try any of this you really should read the EULAs first before going ahead - most developers don't like it when someone steals their technology and gives/sells it to people because then they have to sic their lawyer people on you ;)

That's not to say don't, because it can be a great way to learn if you look at examples of stuff people have already done. Just don't give anyone stuff (without the creator's permission) and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
Ya only for personal purpose we should edit the game. We should not redistribute it without the publishers permission..........