Everything working but the WebSite

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudgho

Reaction score
Mine is down too on starka. I haven't seen too many other people reporting problems on Starka... Anyone else on starka having problems (or working fine?)
I just now noticed my site gets a 404 error, im on starka.

simon39

Reaction score
Re: Everything working but the (STARKA SERVER)

Yes same here can log into Cpanel - ftp can see the files etc. But the http is not working scottishartinwales.x10hosting.com

Im using another free hosting site now temporarily but its not as good.

Im on STARKA also..................:(

Been down since yesterday afternoon. They will fix it soon hopefully......its a free service which works 99% of the time anyway so I cannot complain.

I have a backup of my files

danteh

Reaction score

Yes same here can log into Cpanel - ftp can see the files etc. But the http is not working scottishartinwales.x10hosting.com

Im using another free hosting site now temporarily but its not as good.

Im on STARKA also..................:(

Been down since yesterday afternoon. They will fix it soon hopefully......its a free service which works 99% of the time anyway so I cannot complain.

I have a backup of my files

Hi my friend: I am not sure if this can be a problem of the server itself, which seems to be working indeed. Otherwise you wouldn't get that errors. I have seen your site and it seems a misconfiguration or something. If you are using PHP check if your files are having the proper 755 permissions (allowing owner to read, write and execute from your site, and others just to read and execute). I had similar issues on Chopin by having 777 permissions on PHP files. (777 = everyone to read, write and execute).

Hola amigo: No estoy seguro si este pueda ser un problema del servidor mismo, ya que aparentemente esta trabajando. De otra forma no estarias recibiendo esos errores. He visto tu sitio y se parece un poco a una desconfiguracion o algo. Si estas usando PHP verifica si tus archivos tienen los permisos 755 adecuados (permitiendo al propietario leer, escribir y ejecutar desde tu sitio), y a los demas solo leer y ejecutar). Yo tuve problemas similares en Chopin al tener permisos 777 en archivos PHP. (777 = Todos a leer, escribir y ejecutar)

If not your case, just check that your "index.html" may be reachable on the "public_html" folder. (755 permissions or something), and if not using index.html, just provide your main html or php in order to gain access.

Si no es tu caso, solo verifica que tu "index.html" pueda ser alcanzable en el folder "public_html". (con permisos 755 o algo asi), y si no estas usando index.html, proporciona tu html o php principal para poder tener acceso.

I hope this help you. // Espero que esto sea util para ti.

Last edited:

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score

I hope this help you.

It probably won't.

That error is on scores of sites. The misconfiguration is due to the server software messing up. The 'official response' seems to be 'they are working on it'. For two weeks. I assume that is put on hold until the new wave of account transfers are complete. Then they might get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.