.exofire to .co.cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolimaru

Reaction score
When signing up for x10hosting, I originally registered my website as www.NAME.exofire.net instead of all the other domains if let me choose, and uploaded my .html to cpanel.

I then decided to register for co.cc so I did make an account at http://www.co.cc/ and have "URL Forwarding" enabled. Now I can either get to my website by typing www.NAME.exofire.net or www.NAME.co.cc.

I no longer wanted the exofire one so I logged into x10hosting, went to "account Panel Home" and clicked "Modify Your Account." There, using a drop down menu, I was able to change my domain from exofire to co.cc. For the past few hours it's been saying: Domain Change "Name.co.cc" pending

Is there something I have to do in either cpanel, or on my account at http://www.co.cc/ to make it work?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
If you are sure that you set up your CO.CC domain properly, then all you have to do is wait up to 48 hours for DNS to update.

zen-r

Reaction score
I'm not sure from your description that you actually did set the DNS when you made the changes - you only mentioned URL forwarding, which is different.

Just to clarify, you need to go to .co.cc & set the DNS for your site to

ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com

(and as Garrett says, you may then need to wait till the changes have propagated).

I hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

lolimaru

Reaction score
Thanks, and then once that is done, name.exofire will no longer work right?

And does that mean I'll have to remake me email accounts so that they say Admin@name.co.cc? Because I already made an exofire email
Edit:
I'm not sure from your description that you actually did set the DNS when you made the changes - you only mentioned URL forwarding, which is different.

Just to clarify, you need to go to .co.cc & set the DNS for your site to

ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com

(and as Garrett says, you may then need to wait till the changes have propagated).

I hope this helps! :)

Sorry, I posted at the same time and didn't get to read yours. Awesome, I knew what I did didn't look right. I was waiting all these hours for nothing. xD;

Ok, at co.cc I clicked Name Servers and input what you gave me. I don't like URL Forwarding because it makes all my pages say the same thing, so if you refresh it just takes you back to the home page.

I have no idea what Zone Record is but it looks like I don't need to worry about that.

Thank you both! I've asked quite a few questions already today and they have all been answered so fast. :D

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
You're welcome.

I'm still learning as I go as well.

But for the few things that I do know about using x10, I try to offer them out as help to others whenever possible. ;)

Good luck with your site!

Status
Not open for further replies.