Experiencing Technical Difficulites With The "Mail" Portion Of My Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
Putting in a support ticket to the X10Hosting folks here because I'm currently having technical difficulties with the new site layout I just launched, as well as the new system that I have installed onto my account as well.

Case is this - since last night after I launched the new "layout" as well as the new system it's running under, I was doing a few tests of the "Contact Us" page. Here's the thing - I do see that when I check the respective email account that I have it set up under - it does go through. However, the system is supposed to show me a "confirmation page" (file: contact_cgi.php). The intention was for it to show this screen shown below (email details undisclosed in the image; was doing the "construcition" via another server I used to test the operations):

mcmmsaghb_site_3282014.png

Instead, I get a blank screen. I don't know if the server my site is hosting on hates something about the coding or the procedure itself. Can someone help rectify this for my site as soon as possible, please? Many thanks in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
hmm not sure on that one - I do know there have been some issues of late with server upgrades. Is it still an issue?

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
Yeah, sadly the "blank page" where it's supposed to display a "confirmation page" (via the file contact_cgi.php after the email has been sent) is still there.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you viewed the source of the page? You know, to confirm that nothing has been returned, rather than there simply being a tag or quotation mark that hasn't been properly closed in the current version of the HTML?

sicelx10

Reaction score
Im having problems with the php mail() function too, i cant send mails to Outlook since March 27th :(

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If the problem is with a specific service, it's likely that they're silently dropping the mails at their end as an anti-spam measure, so there's no mail send error to report. (They're not supposed to; they're supposed to refuse the connection a HELO when they refuse to deliver based on the sender, but some mail services think that makes the spammers' jobs easier. I'm not saying that you're a spammer or that your mail is being identified as spam, but that Outlook.com may have tagged the server as a spam sender.) That doesn't answer the confirmation page question, and it's still worth viewing the page source in your browser if you haven't tried that yet.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
I did try that and I didn't see anything suspicious in regards to the "source" when I viewed it. And yes, I'm still getting the "blank white page".

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Was there an HTML source to view at all, or does the source also come up empty? If there is HTML in the source and your "real" page comes up blank, then you likely have an HTML error (extra quotation mark or unclosed tag) that is preventing the page from displaying properly in your browser.

Everyone who has had any amount of experience with web development at all has had that happen to them on at least one occasion - probably more like a thousand occasions or two - and it can be hard to see where the problem is a lot of the time. You're not being called an idiot here; I'm giving you the normal procedure for debugging problems on the web. The recent PHP version upgrade means that your confirmation script has new and exciting ways to fail that it didn't have a couple of weeks ago, and this is a good procedure to find out where the problem might be occurring. If the page is emitting HTML, all it takes is a single character out of place to result in a blank page in the browser but you'll be able to see the HTML using View->Source. If there is no HTML source to view, then the problem is happening before the HTML is emitted but the error is being suppressed (error suppression is a good thing in production, but it does make debugging harder).

Please play along. Short of accessing your files directly, this is the best way of figuring out what the problem might be.

meapx10m

Reaction score
I'm facing mail issues since last 6 months. I posted about it that time, but no one replied :D . In my case the "domain" has no mx records, and when i try to add mx records it shows error as shown in screenshot.
fc2zo8.jpg
. So may be it need a reset :/

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
@essellar: Yeah, I understand where you're coming from; no offense taken. And the HTML source when I checked it came up empty, by the way (with the blank page itself).

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
It came up totally blank for me, too.

lucasn

Reaction score
Yes, meapx10m, I am receiving your error whenever I try to access my account DNS as well.

mcmmsagh

Reaction score
@Sharky - So at least I'm not alone in experiencing this case; anyway I was trying to send a group convo which included you, but I ran into the error that I'm not allowed to put you on the list (I was trying to do this so that I wouldn't bump the thread that's been dormant for a while). Anyway, I did let my visitors know accordingly what's been going on so that they will be aware of what's been going on (specifically on the forum area of my site) so that they won't be flooding me with unneceesary emails/posts). Has there been any new news in regards to what's been going on with the server giving me issues regarding the email form process, by any chance?

All right; thanks again in advance for your response on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.