External News/Site Updating

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am currently in the process of making a footballing website that has all the latest results fixtures and more. Obviously I can't up information for each team all by myself, I want other people to be able update certain parts of the site themselves without me having to give them access to the whole site. Is there any particular way I should be going about this?

Any help or advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

Brad

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You could create FTP accounts and only allow access to folders which contain the things you need updated.

-Corey

knoxoqe

Reaction score
It depends if you code the site yourself or use a CMS!
I think most CMS have that kind of option, at least e107 has it.

Last edited:

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
previously i had been using phpnews, which requires a database. Cutenews is alot better, thanks for pointing this out to me. :)

DeadlySin

Reaction score
Cutenews is extremely easy to setup. All it requires is copying the files into the desired ftp folder, then following a few easy online setup steps.

M

minievan

For some reason my site always messes up when i try to CHMOD It. So i didnt bother. I used a template, and added the news in manually, Or i have used Fusionnews, Much better Than Cutenews- 10/10

DeadlySin

Reaction score
Hmm? Does fusionnews have any extras over cute? Just wondering, I've heard about it, but never used it.

jensen

Reaction score
knoxoqe said:

A CMS would be great. You can get members to sign up and login. Then they can type the news themselves. Add pictures themselves. e107 or Joomla or Drupal can do that. It just takes some time to figure out how the CMS works

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
jensen said:
knoxoqe said:

A CMS would be great. You can get members to sign up and login. Then they can type the news themselves. Add pictures themselves. e107 or Joomla or Drupal can do that. It just takes some time to figure out how the CMS works

Sounds good, creating a template for a CMS can be a pain in the ass though lol