External, Third-Party shoutbox-chat module: allowance and possible denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneeloliwav

Reaction score
Dear Support,
c/o all users who might have experience in the field,

Under Rule 1 in the terms of service, it states that "x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers... Shoutbox\Chat Scripts Use of these scripts is strictly forbidden due to the amount of MySQL queries they take."

My question is: provided I have found an external system which is hosted on another server ( thus no workload is demanded upon x10hosting servers ) and that does not rely upon x10hosting SQL service, may I use it on my forum? (iframe or small page-integration )

Altough I have found some similar topics where the answer at this question was affirmative, I would like to hear a confirmation from the staff.

I didn't provided the name of the service because it might be intended as spam, so If needed I will integrate it in my next answer.

Thank you very much for your attention.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

According to the current Terms of Service chat/shoutbox scripts are allowed on x10, however they will still be subject to our High Resource Usage policy, where accounts consuming excessive resources are suspended (not permanently, you can unsuspend). Choose a script you have tried and know works well, or you may find you have issues.

Thanks.

daneeloliwav

Reaction score
Thankyou for your fast answer stpvoice,

actually the script I would like to try is Chatango. It is totally self-hosted, so no load is given to x10hosting. ( it seems to me not fair to " abuse " of a free service ;) )

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

That would be fine; preferred in fact.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.