eyeOS too high usage of cpu for x10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhalim998

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for project management software, and I found eyeOS having all the features I need. But whenever I access to it, my site gets suspended because of too high usage of cpu for my account. Is there any way that I can use eyeOS without changing into premium package? Also, is is only for eyeOS? or any other project management softwares?

p.s. while unsuspending my website several times, I don't get my index page shown at all...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
EyeOS' website doesn't load for me at all right now, but from what I gather, it is not going to run on any X10 free service and maybe not premium either. This is more in the realm of VPS.

suhalim998

Reaction score
Hm... maybe I should look at another project management software... I loved eyeOS though... Anyway, thank you for letting me know! :smile:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you'll find one that will work with what resources you have available on free hosting. These things are very useful, but they leave a lot of computing up to the server and not the client. Free hosting accounts are not designed to be servers on their own; they're designed to be a part of a larger server. If EyeOS was installed as one of the features of free hosting, it would be distributed across thousands of users, so it would be efficient. Spreading all the needed processing power (and other resource usage) across one account isn't going to cut it.

I don't want to discourage you, but you may need to evaluate your needs again. Google apps has a ton of great features and works in conjunction with X10Hosting free, to make a really great office suite with the power of full scale web hosting. I'm not sure how much different this is from what you want, but it's a solution I have used before and is really quite good.

suhalim998

Reaction score
What if I am building a workspace for less than 100 people?

Right now, only about 15 will be using the workspace, but I bet it will grow but sure less than 100.

I have just installed Feng Office directly on the file manager. Have you looked at it?

I don't get any suspended with it. Do you think it will still be too high usage for free account?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't looked at any of these software, to be honest. You're always more than welcome to try anything you want, as long as it doesn't break X10's TOS. If you keep getting suspended, we will unsuspend you as long as you are trying your best to fix the problem. You may run into a problem with 15 people if everyone is doing something at once, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.