Failed domain name changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullupload98

Reaction score
So yes, I was domain changing and it says it is finished. Later on I tried to reach my page, it did work yes, but when I installed a forum on my website I couldn't reach it.

This page text appears, when I enter my domain (xxxx-xx.exofire.net);

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner:

webmaster@******-**.exofire.net
It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.
If you are the web site owner, it is possible you have reached this page because:

The IP address has changed.
There has been a server misconfiguration.
The site may have been moved to a different server.
If you are the owner of this website and were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider.

And when I try to reach my forum (xxxx-xx.exofire.net);

404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:

xxxx-xx.exofire.net/f (port 80)
Please forward this error screen to xxxx-xx.exofire.net's WebMaster.

Help needed!!

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Please check your .htaccess file first.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Depending on where you installed your forum app.

Most probably in /public_html/

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Your domain name has been changed, but the system that maps domains to actual accounts only updates a few times a day (it puts a strain on the server and if it did it every time someone added/changed a domain, the servers would grind to a halt).

So you get that baby-blue default website page as a placekeeper for the front page and the 404 File Not Found for interior pages.

It should go away in 24-36 hrs and you should be able to view your site. Remember to clear your browser cache and history before checking your site, or you will probably see cached versions.

bullupload98

Reaction score
OK, I found it in /public_html/f/htacess.txt, downloaded it and opened it. What am I supposed to do now? :eek:

EDIT:

Already cleared my cache and history, do I have to wait 24-36 hours till I can see my website?

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Many users like you faced this problem(when changing their domain ),try renaming it.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Also, your forum is not in the root directory.

Have you done that on purpose ?

Also, previously you had files in your root directory, didn't you ?

PS: Your forum is working fine.

bullupload98

Reaction score
Many users like you faced this problem(when changing their domain ),try renaming it.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Also, your forum is not in the root directory.

Have you done that on purpose ?

Also, previously you had files in your root directory, didn't you ?

PS: Your forum is working fine.

I don't know really. Although the forum is working, just had to wait for the domain to update, I guess. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.