Failed to Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

icetray

Reaction score
I've been with x10 since 2007, and decided its about time I ask about this, haha.
Basically, my site will never load, I usually get "Failed to Connect" and the times it does load, its almost reminiscent of my old 56k modem from back in the day.

Last week (and only that week), it ran wonderfully, there was no downtown, it loaded each page within a second or two, and everything ran very well. Then the mysql detached the other day for a short period of time, and ever since that was fixed, my site never runs properly, and more than 70% of the time, its "Failure to Connect."

Truly, I don't think theres a thing I can do about it. However if there is a solution, I'd love to hear some comments if any.
Thanks.

(Just to spite me, the site is currently running fine as I publish this - however thats usually not the case.)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
What is the exact error you get? Too many connections?

~Callum

icetray

Reaction score
At this current time, the error isn't showing up. The pages are just taking a little over 2 minutes to load every time, sometimes longer.
In reality, these pages should only take a few seconds to load, so the speed right now is very sluggish. When the error window comes back, I'll do a full copy and paste.

Last edited:

icetray

Reaction score
The same or similar error has popped up again.

Network Timeout
The operation timed out when attempting to contact whitenoise.exofire.net.

-Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary failure? Try again later.
-Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
-Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
-Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Edit: and now the error is within a few seconds of trying to load;

Failed to Connect
The connection was refused when attempting to contact whitenoise.exofire.net.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.
-Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
-Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
-Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

From my honest point, I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that its because I'm on a free service, that is most likely being abused on a daily basis, and thats why I'm always fronted with this error in my face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.