Fake email warning!

Matt

Reaction score
Somebody is sending emails to our users, trying to get passwords and usernames. Please, do not respond to this email.

The message may be as follows:

Subject: Your X10 Subdomain

Body:

Dear, Valued X10 Member

Due to some server failures in New Orleans we have lost your account domain, username and password.
Please respond to the email right away. If you do not I will have to suspend your account.

Thanks, Auvee
X10 Staff

X10Hosting staff will never ask for your password.

As a precaution, do not place your email in your signatures. Also, you may change your settings to not accept email from other members.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
i got an email like that i never repyed beacuse i looked at the tos!

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
It was a very good idea to post this here! Thanks Madmatt!

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank's for the warning i havent recieved an email yet, hope no one has bein fooled by this email!

bobers

Reaction score
I am not sorry, but who ever wrote that is really sad because that is the most pathetic atempt I have ever seen of someone trying to get account information. I think that a person of either 6 or 90 years could do better than that in 20 seconds.

And what is with the "Auvee"? I mean, I have been around computers for about 5 years, and have learned just about every last computer/techy word out there, but I have never come across something like this. Could someone please enlighten me?

Luckly for me I haven't gotten an e-mail like this, and if I do, I won't be sending my information. No, instead I will sending a nice long letter to them on how stupid they are (the letter, of course, comeing from a false account).

+bobers

Matt

Reaction score
bobers said:
And what is with the "Auvee"? I mean, I have been around computers for about 5 years, and have learned just about every last computer/techy word out there, but I have never come across something like this. Could someone please enlighten me?

LOL. Auvee is one of the administrators here.

NewFuture

Reaction score
ha, its just his name, newfuture my username isnt a computer techy word nor is madmatt911

motogawa

Reaction score
Hmmm someone must have had alot of time on their hands to do something as idiotic as this. As others had been saying I hope no body has been adversely effected by this lame attempt to fool someone .

flankerdin

Reaction score
I got the email 3 times...
But i did nothing because i can log into my ftp account...

Chirantha

Reaction score
Ahh!!! I got it :( I fell for it :( but the thing is that I have only one password for every thing :( so dum me went to change my password. Only then that I realised how stupid I am :(. Thankfuly I did't repely :). But if some one did I surgest to change the password RIGHTAWAY!!!

jusama14

Reaction score
I got an email it was like you have been sent a private message...had an attachment but nothing came up.....

hartap

Reaction score
so what we should do if we got the fake email ...(beside ignore and delete them)
should we report to the admin and the mod..?