Fantastico can't uninstall siteframe mambo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGiraffe

Reaction score
I used Fantastico to try some Content Management software, as I saw suggested. I installed phpwebsite - have to wait for approval to use. So I installed siteframe and Mambo to try them and I only get a blank page if I follow the admin link and can't see how to use them.

I looked in cPanel file manager to try and figure it out and I see that all 3 were installed to my public_html directory rather than the root directory, which seems like a very bad thing to me. This *might* be because I specified a subfolder for each installation that was the name of the program (trying to keep things tidy), but I doubt it.

I tried to use Fantastico to remove them, but I get the error: Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in home/pgiraffe/public_html/siteframe/prepare_removal.php on line 32.

So... would some kind person with power reset my folders (I have put nothing in them, as I don't know how, and was hoping to use some kind of site-building interface to help me out)? And would some kind person also tell me how I should install these things? *sigh*

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there,

When you say 'reset your folders' do you want everything removed? Please confirm so I don't delete things you want ;).

Regarding installing things, depending what it is, it should go into a sub folder. So if I install phpBB, I would probably put it in subfolder forums. So now in my public_html folder I would have an additional folder called 'forums' where phpBB was installed.

You can only install one script to the root directory without a subfolder using Fantastico.

-Corey

PGiraffe

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I have obviously come to unwarranted conclusions. So... please, instead of doing what I ask, do what I need ;)

I installed 3 packages - phpWebsite, Siteframe, and Mambo. I started with phpWebsite because I like the features of the phpForums I go to and I saw phpAuctions available, which relates to my area of interest and I will probably install it so I find out more about its inner workings. I am trying to get an interface I can use to help me build a website easily and quickly to start with, but with expansion abilities later. I have little information to go on.

My problems -

I can't use phpWebsite unless approved, so I can't tell if it would load and work for me yet.

Siteframe and Mambo both load utterly blank pages when I follow the administrator link provided and I can't quite figure out how to put in the correct url as it seems to appear in the file manager - if I even should. I do not see how to access their interface either in Fantastico or in FileManager. I therefore assumed I had installed them wrong and attempted to uninstall and start over - which was not allowed. I have also used up all 3 allowed SQL's and still don't know what to use.

I am pleased to hear that subfolders was a good idea, though.

Requested possible solution(s) [please use your experience to choose the best combination or suggest another] -

Direct me to the best package that you suggest will meet my needs. Should that be phpWebsite, I will wait...

Tell me how to access the interface for the packages I install (I can't even locate the ReadMe for Siteframe mentioned on their FAQ).

Remove anything I don't need from my directories (yes, I did mean delete it all originally, and that's still fine if you think it's best). There is nothing there beyond setting up support@ email and the 3 packages I installed, so I don't feel you can do any damage.

Please tell me how to properly uninstall a software package.

For goodness sakes, I'm trying to get your index page up, but I'm obviously clueless.

Thanks again for your time.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use AIM\MSN\Yahoo? I think it would be best to do it over one of those so I can answer questions in real time ;)

PGiraffe

Reaction score
No, I don't - they got too full of spammers years ago. Also be advised I am on dial-up. But, wow, what an offer! I will be happy to call you if you want, or pm you a toll-free number (hubby's business line). I will be paying attention to alerts for the moment you answer... I apologize for not watching my email more closely. And I will edit this again if I go to bed.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually going to finish up some support here and then head to bed. If you're free tomorrow evening sometime between 7-11PM EST I can go over some of it with you on the phone.

-Corey

Last edited:

PGiraffe

Reaction score
That would be great, thanks! Would you like me to pm the number?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'll leave you a message on here about 30 min before I call also to make sure it's a good time and you can be at the comp.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.