Fantastico Drupal out of date

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdude

Reaction score
The Drupal version in Fantastico is out of date: It has 4.7 when the latest is 4.7.2 which has security updates.

Master Yoda

Reaction score
As far as I am aware, there is nothing x10Hosting can do about it as it has something to do with CPanel itself. You would be required to update it yourself.

Last edited:

dpogary

Reaction score
i didnt know the members were responsible for updating their own things...i think the Admins would since they have control of wat can and cant appear on the Cpanel and all that stuff still

Master Yoda

Reaction score
Not quite, when x10hosting get CPanel, they get it "as is". Usually updates for CPanel are once every 6-12 months (prehaps Corey can confirm that). Hence why members would be expected to keep it up to date.

kryptonyte

Reaction score
Fantastico is a seperate module from Cpanel and I have no idea on the update time for it. It could be next week or it could be next month. Try googling Fantastico and find out the update time for it and possibly contact them about it?

lambada

Reaction score
kryptonyte said:
Fantastico is a seperate module from Cpanel and I have no idea on the update time for it. It could be next week or it could be next month. Try googling Fantastico and find out the update time for it and possibly contact them about it?

Correctemundo! Fantastico is indeed a seperate, commercial addon for cPanel / WHM which, from personal experience, usuall wait for several of the products to have released updates before releasing a new version. Add onto that that it requires re-coding of update scripts and installation scripts and you can see why it takes a while.

Besides, you don't HAVE to use Fantastico to install products, you can easily download the products you want and follow the install instructions!

Cynical

Reaction score
There's nothing stopping you from installing or upgrading your own software :).

ramie

Reaction score
guys, just wanderin' what happen to fantastico script at the new cp evolution.... it seems never works..

kryptonyte

Reaction score
Manually install them for now. Looks like Fantastico hasn't been setup with the new skin yet. It's actually probably a better idea to manually download and install scripts since they will be more up-to-date and have the latest security fixes in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.