Fantastico error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataarticles

Reaction score
Ok
I am trying to install wordpress using the fantastico feature but get the following error:

Install WordPress (2/3)

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ataartic'@'69.175.6.94' (using password: YES) in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1278442124.3676VQs36pdosP on line 1481
Access denied for user 'ataartic'@'69.175.6.94' (using password: YES)

Now it mentions mysql error but i assume i don't need to create a database as that is part of fantastico. Also, something about password, so not sure about that. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

bump

gomarc

Reaction score
Hello ataarticles,

Why not try to install WordPress directly from http://wordpress.org/?

If you still have databases available, create a new one at cPanel > Databases > MySQL Database Wizard (make sure you go through all the steps) prior to the install of WordPress.

If you are on the fris server, maybe it’s not a good time to install anything right now. Just wait for the cPanel issues to get resolved and then you can try again.

Last edited:

ataarticles

Reaction score
Hi,

I could try that, but the whole point of using Fantastico is make things easier and quicker to install scripts like wordpress.
Any idea how long i should wait before i should use Fantastico on fris server?
Oh, i just read the announcement section regarding this.
Is this a new server?
Or i could just do it manually. I did notice since yesterday it was very slow in loading and had to wait a long time before i could login.
I haven't used the free hosting for some time now, hence the confusion.

ataarticles

Reaction score
Ok,
Tried to install wordpress manually and setup mysql database. Now i get this message:

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner:

webmaster@ataartic.x10hosting.com
It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.
If you are the web site owner, it is possible you have reached this page because:

The IP address has changed.
There has been a server misconfiguration.
The site may have been moved to a different server.
If you are the owner of this website and were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider.

ataartic.x10hosting.com

It mentions flushing the DNS cache which i did by following instructions here:
http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/ClearingBrowserCache

But that didn't work.
Maybe it is due to the new server fris as i cannot install wordpress using Fantastico either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.