Fantastico Uninstall problems

Ryutso

Reaction score
I recently uninstalled two scripts (Joomla and SMF) The wrong way after installing them through Fantastico.

I went into the file manager and deleted the folders associated with them.

I did not realize there was an "Uninstall" feature built into Fantastico.

How would I fix it so I can install another fantastico script into the same directory?

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
I've never used Fantastico and I never will, you have no control over what you install, and getting into your database can be a problem...

tittat

Reaction score
How would I fix it so I can install another fantastico script into the same directory?

There may be two databases created one for Joomla and the other for SMF during your last istallation process.Remove/Delete those databases manually.

Then try installing another fantastico script,it should work.

tonykgv

Reaction score
Fantastico has its uses. Because it is set up within the C Panel, a lot of the work connecting the database is often done for you. Maybe we all need to be prepared to invest the time to learn how to do these things properly rather than expecting it all to be done within a couple of minutes. I have used Fantastico for a over a year and have installed and uninstalled practically everying on offer. Just think, free software and they install it.