fantastico

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcgowan

Reaction score
This is less of a support request, and more of a 'holy crap, I wish I had known that before' kind of post...

After having my website for a couple months and fighting through a phpBB3 installation, re-installation (thanks to that backup flop, oh well), and then upgrade, I decided I would see what this fantastico thing was all about that I keep seeing at the bottom of my cPanel...

In short, I wish I had known at the beginning how easy fantastico can make my life. While it took me several days to install phpBB3 manually, it took my about 5 minutes to install WordPress through fantastico. I felt pretty dumb afterwards, especially since phpBB is on fantastico's list. If you're new and you happen to be reading this, do yourself a favor and check out fantastico. You'll thank yourself later. ;)

zen-r

Reaction score
I agree that Fantastico is great.

I think that a lot of the more experienced users prefer to install things manually, because they say it can make for a more efficient installation.

But hey, for someone just starting out & who wants to get up & running quickly without any big learning curves, I'm all for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.