Far Cry 2

StewieGG

Reaction score
For those who're anticipating the upcoming sequel of Far Cry please post your thoughts, opinions, likes-dislikes, questions, comments and general feedback about this game here.

I'm currently a part of a community that's greatly involved in the Far Cry saga, and have been awaiting Far Cry 2's release for some time - check it out here:
WMD Online Gaming

Are there any Far Cry 2 fans out there?

mikakitty

Reaction score
I played farcry and i didnt like it....... I played crysis and granted EA stoled it ........ but I didnt like it either.........

Something tells me i wont like Farcry2.... IT has a lot of Fanboys though so Im guessing it will do will.

iGamer

Reaction score
I never played the original Far Cry but I own and love both Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

Several of my friends are getting it.. and they all have good tastes in gaming.. so I will more than likely buy it as well!

Last edited:

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I played Far Cry (a little late because my computer was crappy at that time) and I really enjoyed the game, story wise and graphic wise.

The sequel looks really promising to me, with a lot of dynamic effects and done by Ubisoft which makes a lot of good games.

I'm really looking forward to play this game.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
From the in-game screenshots of the leaked copy of FC2, it's graphics can't compare to that of Crysis. But maybe I'm wrong and the people who took the screens have sub-par graphics cards

iGamer

Reaction score
its using the same Crytek 2 Engine so it should be about equal to Crysis if ont better.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
its using the same Crytek 2 Engine so it should be about equal to Crysis if ont better.

Gotta clear up this common misconception, Ubisoft is NOT using the Crytek 2 engine. It is using its own Dunia engine. It is different from that of Crytek's, and from what it sounds like I don't believe it can quite compare. The minimum specs for FC2 are much lower than that of Crysis/Crysis Warhead

StewieGG

Reaction score
Gotta clear up this common misconception, Ubisoft is NOT using the Crytek 2 engine. It is using its own Dunia engine. It is different from that of Crytek's, and from what it sounds like I don't believe it can quite compare. The minimum specs for FC2 are much lower than that of Crysis/Crysis Warhead

Erik is right about this... its a common misconception that Far Cry 2 is still running on the Crytek engine - but it's not

Dunia has been rebuilt from the ground up to support elements such as fire propagation and dynamic environmental effects - it also has tons of other bells and whistles.

I've seen a few screenshot leaks as well, and the graphics do seem a bit sub-par but we'll have to see. I'm praying that the graphics from all those screenshots on the developer's websites weren’t just photoshoped fantasies.

Post your FC2 Screenshots if you have any.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
These are some leaked screens of gameplay in the map editor.. I honestly hope that those users have really bad graphics cards/map editor reduces graphical effects because otherwise this game looks much worse than the screenshots Ubisoft has been dishing out

76.jpg

2yyqnit.jpg

162133234.jpg

162055509.jpg

Last edited:

mikakitty

Reaction score
I think the graphics arent as great as crysis cause the game its self is so customizable ........ but thats a guess........

:shifty: I think it loooks good.

admael

Reaction score
I'm sure it will look a lot better than that, I've seen screens in PC Gamer that were much much more amazing than Crysis (and Crysis Warhead which is less graphics heavy than Crysis).

Brayans

Reaction score
I'm sure it will look a lot better than that, I've seen screens in PC Gamer that were much much more amazing than Crysis (and Crysis Warhead which is less graphics heavy than Crysis).

better than crysis? you sure?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

Better than Crysis? You have to be kidding me. If Crysis is the hardest game to run on slower PCs and is making groups of high end video cards linked via SLi/CrossFire choke with everything including 16X MSAA at a resolution of 2530x1600 DX10, producing millions of polygons every frame, and yet every game I have besides Crysis is only pulling a couple ten/hundred thousand or so poly's on the highest possible settings, do you really think anything's going to beat it?

^^^ Run-on sentence lol.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Better than Crysis? You have to be kidding me. If Crysis is the hardest game to run on slower PCs and is making groups of high end video cards linked via SLi/CrossFire choke with everything including 16X MSAA at a resolution of 2530x1600 DX10, producing millions of polygons every frame, and yet every game I have besides Crysis is only pulling a couple ten/hundred thousand or so poly's on the highest possible settings, do you really think anything's going to beat it?

^^^ Run-on sentence lol.
It's the next version of CryEngine, so it should lol.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
It's the next version of CryEngine, so it should lol.

For the billionth time Far Cry is not using the Crytek engine. Ubisoft is using the Dunia engine, and based off of the in game shots I've seen versus the shots that Ubisoft released, the in game shots look terrible. I'm hoping that the people who took those shots had low end video cards, because otherwise it looks like a subpar 3D shooter

Sohail

Reaction score
Woah the graphics look amazing! I guess this might be worth getting thanks.